all posts post new thread

Old Forum Correct, effective programming

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DunteH

Level 5 Valued Member
I was poring over Dan John's articles about training, and re-discovered <a title="Twice-per-week training" href="http://danjohn.net/2011/01/minimalist-training/">this</a>.

The nod to Pavel's powerlifting program suggestion - dead/bench one day, squat/bench another - gave me instant validation: it resembles the program I built for myself and have used for 11 weeks (with one to go before the meet).

I have made outrageous progress lifting twice per week - squat+bench press Monday; deadlift+bench press Friday - and doing only 10-20 heavy swings on days where I was itching to do more.

Generally, I've done 3 sets of 5 reps, progressive, waving loads back every 4th week.

What do I mean by outrageous progress? I recently handled 90-95% of my last competition maxes for sets of 3...in every lift. Training can be awesome when you do things right.

I've started planning preparation for my next GS meet, with help from a local coach. The question now begs to be asked of him: how little training can I do to make outrageous progress?

I hope he understands what I mean.

I can just nod my head in agreement. Good luck with the GS competition. Keep us posted :)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom