all posts post new thread

Old Forum Cost of FMS

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

porvida

Level 5 Valued Member
Hello,

Can someone tell me how much I should expect to spend for an initial (one hour) FMS screening?

Thanks

Hi

I dont think anyone can answer your question without more details, Such as What country are you in? and the city? also, I think individual FMS can set their own price.

For example.
I am in Australia and had a Physiotherapist who is FMS qualified administer my FMS last Monday. It cost me $150 Australian.

It took just over an hour, because I kept bugging him with lots of questions, most of which were irrelevant and also some general chit chatting as he didnt have a client straight after me. It was my first FMS, and it was worth the money!!!

Your best bet will be to search the FMS database to find a FMS near you and call up and ask them for the price.

Cheers Gray

Gray, thanks for your response.

In an effort to provide more info, I live in Sacramento, CA. This would be my first screening.

I realize each FMS can set their own prices, which is essentially why I am asking the question. I have contacted one FMS and they charge $150 for a one hour screen. I am trying to determine if this is high, low, or on point for an initial screen.

I'd also ask if the cost:

1.  Includes a workout template based on your results (and if it's coming from the individual or FMS 360 program).

2.  Allows you to get feedback via email, phone, etc. when questions arise.

3.  Is reduced for follow-up assessments to monitor progress and recalibrate your training plan.

Base your decision on the practitioner and how confident you feel about their perspective and experience.  I'd pay more to work with an SFG+CK-FMS or FMS certified individual with other solid credentials who have more to offer than someone cheaper who simply will put you through the screen without being able to offer a solid plan to continue improving.  So get as much info as you can as to how their process works beyond the initial screen.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom