all posts post new thread

Old Forum Course before Cert??

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

piagetblix

First Post
Hi,

New hear and didn't see a way to search the forum.  I've been following the SFG prep guide the last few weeks and would like to know if I'm performing everything correctly.  There is a course not too far away next month.  Who's taken a course and the went on to do the cert?  How valuable was the course previous to the cert?

cheers,

tom

If you plan on doing a cert later this year, you can gain some pretty valuable insight from whoever is leading the course near you. How are you as far as the testing requirements? Have you had your form checked to make sure you are on par with the standards? How's your snatch test coming along?

Tom,

Take the Course. StrongFirst offers a partial application of your Course fee to an SFG Certification.

Our Courses are taught by the very same people you'd meet at your SFG Instructor Certification weekend.

The Course is a great way to learn firsthand what StrongFirst is all about.

I took the course before the certification and am very glad I did. It showed me where I was physically and technically, and how much I needed to do to get my self there. The course was a good foundation and understanding of what was expected at the same time it introduced me to the people who would helped me achieve the certification.

Thinking back the course for me showed many things. How StrongFirst run and operate a course, the level of technical understanding, the knowledge and willingness to make sure you do it right. This showed me that I was capable and with some work and a plan I could get there.

I'm glad I did the course, it inspired me to want and do more.

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses.  I have not had a SFG check my form.  I did crossfit for about 2 years and my experience with kettlebells comes from there and what I have put together from online resources.

It's good to know some of the course fee can be credited towards the cert.  It sounds like I would benefit form going to the course and getting a solid road map to the cert.

Thanks again for you input.

Tom

I took a course in November.  It helped me tremendously.  Additionally, I consulted with a local SFG which helped me solidify my decision to register for the SFG Cert after Christmas.  It was extremely helpful, the technique cues I was given and also helped ease my mind that I wasn't completely out of my mind, thinking I could actually do this! Hahaha!    Definitely recommend finding a SFG to consult with.   -SJ

Tom, the  main impact the course had on me was causing me to seriously consider cert, which I had previouslythought I might do "someday."  A few days after the course, I signed up for the next one I thought I could reasonably be ready for.  So be careful!

Seriously, I had been training with an instructor for several months, and though I wondered what I could learn in a group that he hadn't already taught me, he encouraged me to go.   It was a good call.  I recommend it.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom