all posts post new thread

Old Forum Day Off, or Easy Day?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dmaxashman

Level 5 Valued Member
Here is a question on my training, I'd like your thoughts on this and what is better.  I had a few month lay off, then started training a few weeks ago.  Some easy strength work and easy soccer skill training.

Sunday: Day off

Monday: Light work, 12 TGU per side with 32lb

Tuesday: Medium/Heavy day, one arm row, bench press, DL, BSS.

Today I am considering two options.  Option 1: Day off.  Option 2: 2 TGU per side, 2 pistols per side, a handful of 1 arm 1 Leg DL with 32 lb KB, and a handful of push ups.  Thoughts?

Oh yeah I was also thinking of just doing like 50 swings and a couple TGU.  Either way you get the idea :)

I'm not sure of your needs meet the exercise choice mate, I am simply not that good, BUT I am a huge fan of easy days and walking inbetween harder days. I always find active recovery is much better for me than passive. Good luck

Hello daniel ashman,

Ask yourself what the activities or the lack thereof would do for you and you will have your answer. Just haphazardly tossing in some exercising is not something that I'm a fan of. Easy days can serve a few different purposes but they need to be programmed right for that. Examples would be technique practice, meeting the intended weekly volume, increasing work capacity, and recovery (i.e., active recovery like Rickard mentioned).

Good luck.

man, if your getting back into lifting and stimulus will yield adaptation. You only need X, not X plus a hit of meaningless crap. Just use some simple progression on the lifts that matter, big lifts. you only add when you don't need the confirmation from a forum. 2x week strength, then add skill work. Deprecate them so you practice your skill fresh.

I personally like having a day off each week. Now, depending on how I feel that might turn into an active recovery day with some light hiking, biking, stretching or what have you. But, if I feel beat up then I can just take the day completely off, guilt free. It also works well, because if I miss a workout earlier in the week I can just slide things over to catch up.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom