all posts post new thread

Barbell Deadlift(bragging)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted 20758

I train only with bw and a little swings. I havent touch a barbell for around 10 years.
Was together with my Old trainingpartner and we talked training and go training in hes basement.
I told him that if i could dl bw i would be surpriced.
I deadlifted 110kg and i weight around 80.
Its not a Big weight at All. But damn im happy

My swing training is 3x a week. 10x10 two hand swing as a finisher to my training.

I train only with bw and a little swings. I havent touch a barbell for around 10 years.
Was together with my Old trainingpartner and we talked training and go training in hes basement.

Ah, you were sandbagging. ;)

Deadlifting is kind of like riding a bicycle -- once you learn how, it sticks with you.

I actually improved my deadlift (after years of training it) by only training bw for a few months. Pavel wrote a great article on this.

I’d say the pistol, front lever, planche and OAP (and training variations of) had massive carryover for me.

Congratulations on your lift. No doubt you have more in you.

-S-

After reaching simple, swinging 32kg, I acquired a barbell set and discovered that I had a 310 lbs DL at a weight of about 225 lbs.
I’ve never trained dl consistently and about a year ago i happened to be at a gym (instead of my home gym) and I pulled 310, it was heavy but not that difficult. Also i realize it’s not that much weight but for not training dl I was happy.

Heavy swings have helped me maintain 250kg at 95kg b/w when I've not been lifting for 3 months, and they've helped me finally break 260kg

increasing My Deadlift 74 lbs

I had good Deadlift to begin with.

However, Heavy Deadlift Training was beating my lower back up.

I eventual changed my Deadlift Training to Complex Training; Heavy Good Partial Good Mornings with Hang Power Cleans.

I never Deadlift prior to a meet.

This method allowed me to increase my Deadlift 74 lbs over a three year period.

The Foundation of The Westside Method and Dr Tom McLaughlin's Research

1) The foundation of increasing Stength in a exercise is to empoly Auxiliary Exercise that are similar in nature the exercise you want to increase strength in.

2) Dr Tom Mc:Laughlin's research that emerged at the same time as The Westside Method, came the same conc;usion

This information has been posted on this site numerous time with more details on it; the reason for this approach and how to apply it.

There are some caveats that need to be employed with this method to ensure a your 1 Repetition Max is achieved in a Deadlift or any other movement.

Recent Research

The following Abstract from this research demonstrate the....

Transfer Between Lifts: Increased Strength in Untrained Exercises

Zachary Mang, PhD,1 Len Kravitz, PhD, CSCS,1 and Jason Beam, PhD2,3 1 Department of Health, Exercise, and Sports Sciences, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico; 2 School of Fitness Education, Santa Fe Community College, Santa Fe, New Mexico; and 3 Kinesiology Department, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana

ABSTRACT

The principle of specificity confers that physiological adaptations to exercise reflect the specific stimuli applied during an exercise training program. When applied to resistance training (RT), the principle of specificity implies that the acquisition of strength, which is often measured as a 1 repetition maximum, is specific to several variables of an RT program such as intensity, contraction type, and motor pattern. Although the principle of specificity holds true, a phenomenon called “transfer” also occurs when a lifter increases their strength in an exercise that they did not train. For example, if a lifter performed lunges in lieu of back squat, but their back squat strength increased anyway, there would be transfer between the lunge and back squat. This column summarizes recent research that reported transfer between bilateral exercises, unilateral to bilateral exercises, and single-joint to multiple-joint exercises and provides several recommendations for practical applications along the way.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom