all posts post new thread

Special Events - General Difference between new and old in-person courses

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Conor

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get a little clarity on the differences between the new 101/201/301 format and the old one day KB/BB/BW courses. Are the new 101s the same thing just compressed into 4 hours, or is it closer to 101&201?

For context, I took the one day course 3 years ago and am planning to train over the course of this year to achieve SFG next spring. I’m not sure I’ll be able to fit one of the new courses in timing/location wise between now and then, but would like to understand what I should aim for if the opportunity arises.

Thanks in advance for any intel,
Conor

Conor,

Workshop information

you can look at all of the descriptions for the various workshops through the link above.

The new system is designed to built toward the certification in that modality (KB 101, 201, and 301 lead to SFG I for example) so the skills build and lay the foundation for attending the certification.
Or
They provide great information for the general user.

Once you have looked at the information on the link please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for the reply @Brett Jones. It looks to me like the old KB course sits halfway between 101 and 201 since it went through pressing, but not the snatch.

I’ll have to see what the schedule ends up looking like for courses in or near Chicago and plan to at least do 301 if not both 201 and 301 before you all come back to the Dome of Strength next spring.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom