all posts post new thread

"Don't overthink this..." - S&S Log

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

DannyB587

Level 3 Valued Member
Hey all,
My name is Dan. I've spent about 6 months toying with my kettlebells, and never actually settling on a program. Inspired by the several threads here and other places on the internet, I've decided to buckle down and chase after "Timeless Simple." I have a nice assortment of bells at my disposal, acquired over the past 6 months, so I'm just going to get after it and reach the goal.

Bit of background first:
Height: 6' 1"
Weight: 300 lbs./136 kg.
Training history: former powerlifter, with a competition best 407 lbs./185 kg. squat, 255 lbs./115 kg. bench press, 440 lbs. / 200 kg. deadlift.
Took a long, long layoff after my last meet at the beginning of 2016. Haven't done any meaningful training since. (Not gonna lie here, been totally sedentary and work in IT, so I don't move much at all.)

Today was my first session.

Warm-up w/ 12 kg. bell (Halo, Hip Bridge, Goblet Squat)
10 x 10 2H swings @ 16 kg.
5L/5R TGU @ 8 kg.

All told, the session lasted about 45 minutes, since I took my time between swing sets to recover and let my heart rate come down.

I have to get used to doing the TGU, as years of sitting at a desk has destroyed my body and left my shoulders insanely tight. I'll probably move to and stay at 12 kg. for at least a month as I loosen up.

Question for the community! I bought a weighted vest intending to get some walking in. Would I do this before or after my S&S?

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your goals!

I bought a weighted vest intending to get some walking in. Would I do this before or after my S&S?

Aerobic training is usually done after power/strength work, so ideally, do the walking after your S&S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom