all posts post new thread

Double espresso

james_1127

Level 6 Valued Member
Just out of curiosity how long are people able to hit on these sessions? I did my 1st one tonight & the session last 14min lol

1:00->7:00 series #1
10:00-> 14:min series #2

I went x4 E:30" @40k and kept going until my HR was steadily at the 90% range on both series then rested & walked around until 60% recovery

I'm just trying to gauge where every one else is at

Just out of curiosity how long are people able to hit on these sessions? I did my 1st one tonight & the session last 14min lol

I went x4 E:30" @40k and kept going until my HR was steadily at the 90% range on both series then rested & walked around until 60% recovery

Not trying to be rude but….

It doesn’t matter where anyone else is at.

Not trying to be rude but….

It doesn’t matter where anyone else is at.
I get that, but I'm just trying to see kind of where people are at so I can get a feel for how the session should go... I'm not trying to measure myself against anyone more so about seeing if I fall into an average range or I totally sucked etc... I have zero clue what a "good" session should look like etc (if that makes sense)

How does the volume compare to your normal sessions?

I suspect that with sets of 4, one might be able to put up similar volume (especially when you are closer to 30 repeats) whereas that would be difficult with sets of 6.

Here is my double espresso post with HR and volume comparison, albeit with LCCJs:

How does the volume compare to your normal sessions?

I suspect that with sets of 4, one might be able to put up similar volume (especially when you are closer to 30 repeats) whereas that would be difficult with sets of 6.

Here is my double espresso post with HR and volume comparison, albeit with LCCJs:
I'm at 22min currently for regular AXE but I've only performed 2 sessions at that step I think I should've rested another min longer bc series #2 I I only lasted like 4min lol

Confession: I have not been doing the Double Espresso by the book but rather doing a Simple session of 32 kg 1h swings in sets of 10 OTM. It leaves me able to speak but not by much and not in complete sentences. That weight is 46% of my bodyweight, and I feel like it serves the purpose for me. I've done it twice so far, and the second time was easier than the first - a good thing. I like the experience of returning to sets of 10.

Some details that perhaps matter about my choice here:

It is not Timeless Simple because I'm not waiting until I'm well-recovered.

It's also not the Timed Simple from the first edition of the book - that's a standard I've never met. I was an asthmatic child and there are some relevant, IMO, residual effects. I get a tightness in what feels like my bronchial tubes if I push too hard, and for me that is a Stop Sign beyond all the other stop signs, so I am perhaps more cautious than some people might be in pushing myself into glycolysis. When I've done lung capacity tests with my doctor, my lung capacity has been rated as below normal - not a lot below normal, and I'm afraid I don't remember the numbers, just what the doctor told me. So with my history, I am content not to have achieved the original Timed Simple. I would really like to be able to do Timed Simple with its 5-minute limit, but it's just not worth the effort or the risks for me and my larger goals for myself.

-S-

Back
Top Bottom