all posts post new thread

Dr. Sahrman and movement systems and issues

silveraw

Level 9 Valued Member
This was a real interesting discussion about how to move better and move pain free with a focus on low back pain.

Some interesting points she had:
Why the quadraped position helps some people but not others (think original strength rocking)

How it is almost never a short muscle but a tension imbalance.

GTG better movement.

Why she thinks developmental movement patterning for adults is silly.

But really I was struck how she uses a bunch of original strength stuff, but before original strength, and rejects the premise of why OS works.

Super smart PT and I learned a surprising amount from this interview. Highly recommend

I think I have her book. Iirc it's great.
Yeah, it doesn't do jack for me.

Why is that?
I haven't watched the interview yet. I don't know what "original strength quadrapedal rocking" is exactly, but rocking and moving the hips pushing into greater adduction, hip internal rotation, 'tactical frog', pigeon, downward dog, etc do a lot for me. When you say it doesn't do jack, are you saying you don't feel anything or that performance-wise it doesn't seem to improve anything?

I think I have her book. Iirc it's great.

I haven't watched the interview yet. I don't know what "original strength quadrapedal rocking" is exactly, but rocking and moving the hips pushing into greater adduction, hip internal rotation, 'tactical frog', pigeon, downward dog, etc do a lot for me. When you say it doesn't do jack, are you saying you don't feel anything or that performance-wise it doesn't seem to improve anything?

I don't feel anything noteworthy when I do rocking.

Nor have I noticed any improvement in mobility or performance from it.

Groin-to-ground frog pose, 90-90 (a little bit), pigeon pose do, though.

This was a real interesting discussion about how to move better and move pain free with a focus on low back pain.

Some interesting points she had:
Why the quadraped position helps some people but not others (think original strength rocking)

How it is almost never a short muscle but a tension imbalance.

GTG better movement.

Why she thinks developmental movement patterning for adults is silly.

But really I was struck how she uses a bunch of original strength stuff, but before original strength, and rejects the premise of why OS works.

Super smart PT and I learned a surprising amount from this interview. Highly recommend

Excellent.

Back
Top Bottom