all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Energy and Unsettling Places

Adam R Mundorf

Level 6 Valued Member
Hey StrongFirst,

I was thinking the other day about how I can walk into a place and feel the energy or vibe drop. Something feels off. I had a feeling like this at Antietam in PA, Amazon warehouses and I've had feelings like that at Fort Mott in South Jersey. There's just something off about them to me.

Have you guys ever had a similar experience where your gut told you something was wrong or happened at a certain location? What's your theory on why we feel this way in certain locations/situations?

Thank you, Adam

I went for a job interview once and waiting in the foyer I just had this strong sense that I didn't want to work there - quite overpowering. Nothing was evidently amiss - just a typical office scene. Anyway I walked off and sent a message that I wasn't interested

A couple of ideas, the first regarding places. If an event between people that left strong emotions in it's wake (like a battle that happened at Antietam) that's going to leave a trace for all others who pass by that area... Multiply that the more people were involved. Those vibrations stay and color a place with a feeling. Partly why some people abhor hospitals I'd imagine. The more sensitive you are the more you pick up on these vibes.

The second thought regarding intuition and instinct. We have a few intelligences at our disposal - the intellect the heart the gut and our sexuality. We also have five senses... Which filter into our sixth sense, our intuition. You can know things and avoid bad situations places and people because those intelligences working through the five senses inform almost immediately your sixth sense and produce an impression. The gut instinct is especially strong and largely discounted in modern times in favor of the intellect or emotional intelligence, yet it is equally as valuable and can save you a lot of trouble when heeded.

And yes, for sure I've had those experiences. I make most of my decisions based on intuition. Of course I use the intelligences where they apply. Most of the time they're in accord.

Last edited:
This might not be completely on topic but I used to frequently get night terrors. You know, like when you're sleeping and you go into a panic and can't move or yell or anything. It happened in the house I grew up in and the two apartments I lived in after that but since I moved into my current house, it hasn't happened once. And I've been there for 20 years now.

There is a district in Hanoi where the first industrial wave happend (big building, IT/service/construction companies located, and traffic jam). I had a few interviews with a few companies located in there and I have to say I cannot stand it. Same as LukeV, nothing toxic about it, but overall the atmosphere feels so old and slow and so passive that makes me don't want to work there.

Also, there're some odd place I feel very good. In my neighbor there is an alley that people usually go to workout. That alley is right next to a funeral home. I cannot explain how comfortable it is when working out during 6-8PM in the winter in that alley.

This might not be completely on topic but I used to frequently get night terrors. You know, like when you're sleeping and you go into a panic and can't move or yell or anything. It happened in the house I grew up in and the two apartments I lived in after that but since I moved into my current house, it hasn't happened once. And I've been there for 20 years now.
Don't move!!!

There are certain places where I live. Very ancient and revered locations. Some have been important and visited for over 3,000 years.
There is a feeling of depth and calm my wife and I both feel when we've been there.

We did a family road trip last year. Apparently the most haunted house in Australia ( must be at least 10 of those haha ) Nope, nothing, no vibe or anything, just a really old house.

In fact, the creepiest feeling was visiting the Russian lady who had a handmade doll collection in a shed in the front yard. Creepy unbelievably life like dolls all on shelves. Too life like for me

Back
Top Bottom