all posts post new thread

Old Forum Enter the Kettlebell

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Ray Robinson

Level 5 Valued Member
Hi, I’ve been using kettlebells for about a year and my workouts were pretty unfocused until I started following Enter the Kettlebell closely.  Man, what a great book; it has really put some direction in my training.  However, I had a question.  On page 137 Pavel describes a medium workout as including a c&p ladder but at one rung lower than on the heavy day.  But on page 150 he seems to substitute that workout for sets of loaded cleans alternating with TGUs.  (I’m under the impression that a loaded clean is a clean done at a heavier weight than the c&p ladder weight, but maybe I’m wrong about this).   I’ve been doing both the loaded clean and the medium ladder on medium days (we can add whatever we want to medium days), but when I’m done it almost feels like a heavy workout.   Anyway, I’m just wondering if I’m missing something or if anybody has any suggestions.  Thanks.

Hi Ray,

Don't have the book in front of me at the moment, but there's been discussion in the past that it has a typo or two; this sounds like one of them. You're correct that medium day is supposed to be C&P ladders  one rung lower (not one ladder less; one rung lower).

The loaded cleans alt. with getups is one of the suggestions for the variety days; it's a good combo, but you don't have to do it, and if you do, do it on a variety day. Medium day should be C&P (possibly alternated with pull-ups), and swings only.

Ray,

I just took a look at page 150 in the book, and (as Jason mentioned) the loaded clean and get up session is a suggested option for a variety day on Thursday.

In the example plan on pp150-151, Monday is light, Tuesday is off or variety, Wednesday is medium, Thursday is off or variety, Friday is off, and Saturday is heavy.

Hi Jason and Steve,

Thanks for getting back to me; this makes sense.  I'll keep up with the ladders on Wednesdays, albeit as described on page 137.  Then I'll take those other items as Thursday variety sessions.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom