all posts post new thread

Forum Business Enter the StrongFirst Training App

Problems, Questions, Suggestions
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Hi,
did anyone receive an email confirming the cancalation of subscription?

rgds Johannes

I had to contact gym cloud staff. They were very helpful with canceling my subscription.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johannes,
If you went into the desktop portal and changed the settings you should be fine.
email app@strongfirst.com and I can check.

After spending a bit more time going through the app, I still struggle to understand why it's subscription based. The logging of results seems a bit tedious and the content, although very good, doesn't justify paying a monthly or yearly fee.

Can anyone explain to me what I'm missing or if there is something I haven't noticed about the content?

EDIT: Maybe the app could give access to the SF online courses with the yearly membership. That would make it more worthwhile.

Last edited:
Benjamin
Thank you for your feedback.
The content will continue to added to every quarter and the ability to have your practice or program with you and tracked in the app over time is the main idea behind this or any training app. Also the exercise library provides great reference and information.
A very interesting idea with the Online courses—thank you.

Benjamin
Thank you for your feedback.
The content will continue to added to every quarter and the ability to have your practice or program with you and tracked in the app over time is the main idea behind this or any training app. Also the exercise library provides great reference and information.
A very interesting idea with the Online courses—thank you.
Thanks for the answer Brett. I do find that the exercise library is a good reference. I guess the logging/tracking part just isn't something I feel I need since I train mostly at home and already log on both paper and the forum. I'm looking forward to seeing how the app will evolve.

For now, I stay with the basics. Covid19 have a great incidence on my money.

as mentionned, it could be great to have the course I already purchased (SFG and SFB) in the app. Maybe flexiblesteel too.

Had a look at the app and not great that you need to provide credit card details prior to access and to cancel you require a desktop which I don't have access to. I may consider giving it a go if it runs similar to the Starting Strength app? ie can you select a program, say Simple and Sinister and the program is preloaded for you and are guided through the program using the app as a log? This sort of interface would capture me, especially if various programs are preloaded to the app?

Lotto,
You can still cancel the subscription by submitting a support ticket from the help center using the Report an Issue button if you do not have a desktop.

Programs are preloaded and you can schedule them, record your results and follow the different Programs and Practices.
You can see the names of the programs currently loaded on the webpage link above.

@Brett Jones. That is reassuring that I can cancel via mobile device. I can't see from the link though which programs are currently pre loaded? Currently on S+S, after timed simple would like to try PTTP , are they there with weight progressions?

@Brett Jones. That is reassuring that I can cancel via mobile device. I can't see from the link though which programs are currently pre loaded? Currently on S+S, after timed simple would like to try PTTP , are they there with weight progressions?
Lotto
If you scroll down a bit you will see a “phone” with text around it that contains the programs. PTTP is included.
Weight progression guidelines are provided but not specific weights since we don’t know where folks will be starting their cycles.

Hi is it possible to create our own programs / training sessions within the app? I feel as though this is a necessary feature. Thanks, Hugo

May I just say... excellent idea and I have been looking forward for this for a long time!

Few items to ask:

1. I'm on ETK ROP now... but I am guessing that is a pre-StrongFirst protocol and won't be on the app... ?
2. I checked out the KB Press Program... looks like it's a ladder rep scheme but not sure ?
3. Looks like no snatch program or practice at the moment, do I have to wait for next quarterly update for that?
4. PTTP 2.0! But BP + BSQ and then separate cycle for Press + DL... I assume these are standalones and not to be combined

Hugo,
We will look into adding that functionality—thank you for the suggestion.

Geoff,
1. I'm on ETK ROP now... but I am guessing that is a pre-StrongFirst protocol and won't be on the app... ?
We will be looking at other Military Press programs to be added in the next update.
2. I checked out the KB Press Program... looks like it's a ladder rep scheme but not sure ?
A Plan Strong based program actually with variable reps based on the heavy/light/medium.
3. Looks like no snatch program or practice at the moment, do I have to wait for next quarterly update for that?
There is in the SFG I prep plan but we will be looking at adding Snatch programs in future updates.
4. PTTP 2.0! But BP + BSQ and then separate cycle for Press + DL... I assume these are standalones and not to be combined
Typically Yes—the PTTP programs are two lifts at a time and those would be rotated or cycled one after the other.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom