all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Fabio Zonin's Bult Strong Program -Where to get it?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

SherdenSeaman

Level 1 Valued Member
If I'm not missing anything, even if I'm just a layman/enthusiast not interested on becoming a certified coach, the only way I can get it is by attending the next seminar? Its not available in ebook or customized paid plan?

I mean, I have no problem with someone as knowledgeable and respectable like Coach Zonin charging a decent price for top notch instruction, but I really want to know all my possibilities and alternatives before paying 600+ dollars just to craft an 8 week program for myself.

BuiltStrong is a seminar that teaches you the principles of creating programs for strength and hypertrophy.

PlanStrong custom plans are available but, so far as I am aware, BuiltStrong plans are not yet available for purchase. If you'd like to ask about the availability of custom BuiltStrong Plans, first look at purchasing PlanStrong plans as the structure will likely - I'm guessing - be the same.

While you're on the PlanStrong Custom Strength Plans page, you'll see something that says if you're unsure, please email us - click that link and ask about BuiltStrong. (And let us know what you find out by replying to this thread, please.)

I've edited this post after speaking with Fabio - BuiltStrong custom plans are not available and they are not at the top of our to-do list. There is a lot of good information in this thread now: links to Fabio's article for a one.

One other option for @SherdenSeaman would be to post and ask for interested parties who have taken BuiltStrong and would be interested in creating something for him to contact him via PM.

-S-

Last edited:
BuiltStrong is a seminar that teaches you the principles of creating programs for strength and hypertrophy.

PlanStrong custom plans are available but, so far as I am aware, BuiltStrong plans are not yet available for purchase. If you'd like to ask about the availability of custom BuiltStrong Plans, first look at purchasing PlanStrong plans as the structure will likely - I'm guessing - be the same.

While you're on the PlanStrong Custom Strength Plans page, you'll see something that says if you're unsure, please email us - click that link and ask about BuiltStrong. (And let us know what you find out by replying to this thread, please.)

-S-
Thanks for the clarification.

From what see, I'm definitely not strong enough to qualify for a Plan Strong plan, as I'm still nowhere close to perform pullups, pistols nor dips with 1/3 of my bodyweight attached externally. Does Built Strong have similar entry requirements? Or are there variations for begginners there?

If I'm not missing anything, even if I'm just a layman/enthusiast not interested on becoming a certified coach, the only way I can get it is by attending the next seminar? Its not available in ebook or customized paid plan?

I mean, I have no problem with someone as knowledgeable and respectable like Coach Zonin charging a decent price for top notch instruction, but I really want to know all my possibilities and alternatives before paying 600+ dollars just to craft an 8 week program for myself.
Fabio discusses some details on this podcast:

And @MikeTorres shares some great insight on BuiltStrong on this episode:

I'd imagine if you contacted someone who had attended a Built Strong seminar (or teaches one) that they would be willing to create a plan for you.
I've worked with SFGs on putting together a Strong Endurance plan in that manner. It worked out great for me as I'm in the same boat. Didn't want to attend a seminar when I could just work with someone who will understand and apply the material better than me anyways.

Thanks for the clarification.

From what see, I'm definitely not strong enough to qualify for a Plan Strong plan, as I'm still nowhere close to perform pullups, pistols nor dips with 1/3 of my bodyweight attached externally.
Those requirements are only for those movements because one needs to be able to setup a 70% (or sometimes less) of 1RM weight. For a barbell lifts like a SQ, BP, or DL, those requirements don't exist.

Does Built Strong have similar entry requirements? Or are there variations for beginners there?
BuiltStrong does have similar requirements but, if anything, you'd have to have an even bigger PU, Pistol or dip because BuiltStrong will do more at lower percentages of 1RM than PlanStrong will.

I'd imagine if you contacted someone who had attended a Built Strong seminar (or teaches one) that they would be willing to create a plan for you.
Yes - many of the attendees are trainers who come just for this purpose, to be able to design programs for their clients.

Because PlanStrong and BuiltStrong are seminars, not certifications, we don't show that information on our instructors' individual pages, but this conversation makes me think it would be interesting information to have available.

-S-

Yes, people who have attended the Built Strong workshop should be able to create a custom plan for someone. I created one for someone last Fall; it's at least a few hours of an instructor's time. It isn't something I offer as a service though because (to be honest) it took me a LOT of time that I don't actually have ;)

I agree with @Steve Freides that it would be nice to have a way to identify instructors currently offering those services - for Strong Endurance, Built Strong, Plan Strong plans, etc.

Yes, people who have attended the Built Strong workshop should be able to create a custom plan for someone. I created one for someone last Fall; it's at least a few hours of an instructor's time. It isn't something I offer as a service though because (to be honest) it took me a LOT of time that I don't actually have ;)

I agree with @Steve Freides that it would be nice to have a way to identify instructors currently offering those services - for Strong Endurance, Built Strong, Plan Strong plans, etc.
That's great to know Mike.

I understand time is gold, specially this days...but just in case, JUST in case you become interested, I'm willing to negotiate for your services. If you set a reasonable price, we may have a deal ;)

Anyhow, does anyone here know how can I reach out coach Zonin in the forum? As I said, my newbie status does not allow me to send PM's. Maybe he will give me instructor names I can contact.

That's great to know Mike.

I understand time is gold, specially this days...but just in case, JUST in case you become interested, I'm willing to negotiate for your services. If you set a reasonable price, we may have a deal ;)

Anyhow, does anyone here know how can I reach out coach Zonin in the forum? As I said, my newbie status does not allow me to send PM's. Maybe he will give me instructor names I can contact.
@John Spezzano does a lot of Plan Strong programming. I haven’t checked with him about Built Strong or his availability right now, but if he is available for remote coaching, he’s definitely worth connecting with.

Fabio Zonin has a Victorious online course that you can buy. I think it costs around 100 dollars. In that course as far as I can see it includes two Built Strong programs for the Press. I am currently doing one of those programs now and I find it great fun.

Mike, you said you got great hypertrophy success from 12 weeks of KB Strong. Did you do 8 weeks of Block 1 - Strength + 4 weeks of Block 2 (Short Course)? Or 12 weeks of Block 2 (Long Haul)? Any A+A or The One swings on off days?
Also, do you expect a different hypertrophy result with a single kb (ROP-ish) vs double? 1/2 the systemic weight but double the reps.... I don't currently have doubles.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Mike, you said you got great hypertrophy success from 12 weeks of KB Strong. Did you do 8 weeks of Block 1 - Strength + 4 weeks of Block 2 (Short Course)? Or 12 weeks of Block 2 (Long Haul)?
I am not Mike, but IIRC he took the short course while BJJ gyms were closed during the first lockdown.

@Nate - @Bauer is correct. Short course. I wrote up my experience here: Kettlebell - Results after 12 weeks of Kettlebell STRONG!

I believe double would be the way to go for maximum gains (if only for the loading of the clean - my pants barely fit) but single KB is worth doing if that’s all you’ve got - it’s just not the same stimulus. When I do single C&P or C&J, I typically bell up 4kg from what I use for doubles If possible (it’s easier to do with jerks than presses).

I reread Reload this week and there is a section relating hypertrophy.
It is authored by Pavel and Fabio and could be an interesting first step in that direction if you can’t get into a Builtstrong workshop.

The Victorious MP video course by Fabio has two programmes (I and II) which are based on Planstrong.

This is one of the early BuiltStrong prototype programs: If It Flies Right, It Looks Right: My Journey to a Bodybuilding Competition | StrongFirst

In a later article Fabio describes it as version 1 and now he is on 12+.

In case you can't find someone to do a custom program for you with up to date info.
Speaking about Tactical Barbell: do you think this program could synergize with TB's cardio portion? Or would that be too taxing on my body? If it can synergize, which TB program would it resemble the most?

Speaking about Tactical Barbell: do you think this program could synergize with TB's cardio portion? Or would that be too taxing on my body? If it can synergize, which TB program would it resemble the most?
As someone who is almost done with TB base building, I can say there’s very specific instructions in the first 8 weeks. This plan would not be compatible with the base building program, but after 8 weeks you can make most programs work with some adjustments.

I agree with @BJJ Shawn on this.

If you want a TB hypertrophy program, checkout their Mass Protocol book. It does a bunch of modifications to their conditioning and strength stuff to make a hypertrophy and max strength focused block. Basically pare back the conditioning stuff to the bare minimum. (looks a lot like Wendler's conditioning protocols in 531 of "do hill sprints every once in a while")

Last edited:
As someone who is almost done with TB base building, I can say there’s very specific instructions in the first 8 weeks. This plan would not be compatible with the base building program, but after 8 weeks you can make most programs work with some adjustments.
How would you adapt the mass TB cardio portion (not the base building phase) to a, let's say, EasyStrength program in which I have to train five times a week? My gym won't open on weekends.

The newest edition of the newsletter features a free special report by Fabio Zonin, btw, very similar to the Russian Bear.

On the podcast I posted above he mentions that one could use this to do all the reps of a given hypertrophy day IIRC (rest 3-5 minutes between those series)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom