all posts post new thread

Old Forum Faleev Deadlifts

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jhpowers

Level 6 Valued Member
Hi,

I'm looking for some barbell programming input.  I spent the late summer and Spring  doing stronglifts 5x5 and then shifted to 5/3/1 when I started to stall, but I don't think that I'm ready for 5/3/1 as it doesn't seem to be enough of a stimulus at my early stage.  I think that I'd do better with a 5 x 5 progression with a different weekly program that allows more recovery.

I'm thinking of doing Faleev 80/20, but wanted to make sure that I understand it.  Are the deadlifts done for 5 x 5 sets across?  Most of the programs that I've seen just use one heavy top set for deadlifts.  Has this been too much volume for deadlifts for anyone or am I misunderstanding the program?

Sets across.

Stronglifts is, for lack of a better word, an extremely 'easy' program for a beginner. 5/3/1 without backoff sets and assistance work (definitely get the book and make some of those additions when you do run it) is very low impact too.

That is not too much volume for deadlifts at this stage (what is your bodyweight and current lifts? What are your leverages like?) and Faleev's setup is not too aggressive--make sure your recovery is on point, though.

Also--'too much volume for deadlifts for anyone'--you might be surprised what a serious lifter can build up to in terms of workload.

Thanks for the input.  I'm 5 foot 6 inches and weigh 170lbs.  I've actually lost ground over the past two months on all of my lifts after switching to 5/3/1 and taking a couple of weeks off during the holidays.

Current:

Bench 150lbs for 5x5

Squat 210lbs for 5x5

Deadlift 230 for 1x5

In the beginning of December

Bench 170 for 5x5

Squat 230 for 5x5

Deadlift 250 for 1x5

I'm not sure what you mean by "what are your leverages like." Because of my work and family schedule, I am limited to 3 workouts per week and was doing the 5/3/1 Full body template.

Thanks for any input.

Leverages = arm and leg length in relation to your torso. Pictures/videos would be useful, but it shouldn't matter too much in terms of what you can do programming wise at this stage, though.

Faleev's program would definitely work for you.

If you want specific advice, feel free to email me: arisdemarco@gmail.com

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom