all posts post new thread

Old Forum Fasting and vitamins

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Deleted member 316

When fasting, when do you take your vitamins? In the morning, spaced out during the day, or during the feast? The ones I am taking are vit c, vit d. multi, and fish oil.

I take mine shortly after rising.   I allow coffee, black but with a sprinkle of powered cinnamon.  If you're water fasting, then just take them with water.  If you're actually fasting - no food or water at all - then skip the vitamins.

JMO.

-S-

I usually have coffee, tea, and water during the day. Usually try and keep the eating phase to four hours between 4-5 to 8-9 pm.

I take mine always upon rising, usually with a glass of water and a cup of coffee around, and sometimes with a spoon or two of homemade almond butter.   I've been doing this for years and it feels good to me.

I take vitamins twice during the day - once when I get up, and again shortly before bed.  I try to take most of them in the morning.  Usually at night it's just some potassium for me.  AM is multi-vit, potassium, and fish oil.

-S-

Timely post.  I just read a free Kindlee book written by a Civil War doctor named Edward Hooker Dewey.  The book is called The No Breakfast Plan and the Fasting Cure.  He could have been a forerunner to Ori Hofmekler and The Warrior Diet.

He got his ideas from Europe.  The common medical treatments that this guy came to refute were frightful.  Although some of the technical details are not accurate, the results he achieved with those under his care were impressive.  If you would like to read the discoveries of a doctor who broke the mold over a hundred years ago then I recommend this free book.

I wondered if I should take vitamins while fasting.

Hunter -- Some vitamins and minerals absorb better with a fat, especially coconut.

There is also an interesting idea that supplement intake should fluctuate and training depleted is a beneficial stress.

Jeffrey -- Nice find!

As Matt posted, some absorb better w/ fat but they all absorb better w/ food. Take them w/ meals or substantial snacks or skip them. If you are eating a truly healthy diet B12 and D3 are really the only ones you are likely to need supplementing.

I use the EAT STOP EAT method so I do two 24 hour fasts a week(no food till Dinner just water and black coffee) and on those days I take my vitamins with dinner.

Mike when you started doing the 24hr fast, did you start out gradually or just do the 24hr and tough it out.  I used to cut weight in wrestling and wouldn't eat for 30-36hr and I was fine back then but that was quite a while ago.

I like the idea of not taking anything during the fast, it feels like I'm giving my system more of a break by not getting any of the digestive juices flowing. Plus, some vitamins absorb better with fats/food.

@Travis,

I started with one day 24 hour fast. It was rough but I made it. Then after 2 weeks I started doing 2 days. Now I really enjoy it. I also like that it "reset" my insulin response and I don't get the "Hangry" anymore.  I think for me Fasting was a great addition to my lifestyle but it may not be for everyone and there are many options (Eat,Stop,Eat,Lean Gains,Warrior Diet,Fast Fives,ETC)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom