all posts post new thread

Old Forum Fat Loss programs - your success stories

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

charlton13

Level 1 Valued Member
I am  44 years old, healthy, fit (SFGI) , but not lean. I use kettlebells as my primary tool for training sessions.  I got lazy when I hit 38 and spent a few years getting doughy and soft. Three years ago I was 192 pounds and 26% body fat. I followed ETK ROP program , then STRONG and now I am 207 at 20% body fat. I am getting a bodpod test on Tuesday to have something to measure.

I have chosen Geoff Neupert's Kettlbell Burn Extreme as the program to help reset my body and eating habits.

I just wanted to hear about other peoples' success stories and see what advice was there to share. Specifically  from the over 40 crowd

I will start the program Monday. I am well rested and ready to go.

I have looked at my motivation and while I know there is an element of vanity I am also clear that I want to be active and surfing and playing until the day I die.  I have a feeling that the mental part of the program will be the hardest.

I look forward to hearing of your successes. Thank you for sharing.

Charlton

Good luck Charlton! Take care of your nutrition first and foremost and the kettlebell will get you lean in no time!

Charlton,

Nutrition is more important than the training program ...  do you carry your fat mostly as a beer belly, or mostly like a lady (subq v. visceral)?

Kettlebell Strong helped me lean out a bit after ETK but honestly the easiest plan for Fat loss I found(and now at my all time low of 189 @6' tall 32" waist) is the book Eat,Stop,Eat by Brad Pilon. There are tons of other books on a similar subject(intermittent fasting) but his was the easiest to implement and his research is there. I lost 8-10 lbs of fat in the first 3 weeks with that and still going down.

Charlton, I've brought BF% down from 27 to 20, and I suspect a little better as the clothes size has further improved.  At this point I'd put the kettlebell training in 3 phases, phase 1 was about a year or so of doing kettlebell training/familiarization once a week or so.  Gave me a chance to get used to it, regain some mobility, and have plenty of recovery time while doing other traditional exercise programs.  Phase 2 was 3 months (starting 6 months ago) when I got serious and upped the kettlebell training to 3x/wk AND attended to the diet, cutting the junk and going hungry a few times per week.  During this phase I lost 14 pounds of BF and gained 4 pounds of muscle as measured by BodPod.  Phase 3 I'm in now, not much measurable change in body composition, but I'm gaining a lot of ground in strength and skill.  Phase 4: Sinister, coming soon.  I wish you luck in your journey!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom