all posts post new thread

Old Forum feedback needed about my training

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Abdul-Rasheed

Level 6 Valued Member
Hello gentlemen,

I am 41 years old with height of 6'1" and weight 190 lbs. One of my shoulder shows niggles, meaning a slight pain when I hold my hand on a certain angle or position. The right side my hip has slight pain when I twist or bend on certain angles. I am not strong and generally out of shape but don't really look it. People think I am fit but I know that I have a weak body and lot of body fat (a belly that very well be hidden with a lose shirt for e.g.). I have been moderately active last 10-15 years or so (playing tennis, jogging etc).

My goal is to fix myself of all kind of bodily pains, get really really strong. I don't necessarily want to bulk up muscles but don't mind a bit of it.

I have been doing some progressive calisthenics for the last two months (convict conditioning) which I simply love. Last two weeks or so, I started doing the ETK KB PM. So currently I am doing CC and ETK KB PM alternatively days, four days a week, with three days off  in between. I am also trying to follow a diet containing 80% vegetables/fruits 20% grains/meat. I am feeling great and a bit stronger except that the left shoulder niggle is not really going away yet. 

My primary question is about the approach of mixing body weight training with kettle bells. Is this a good approach? Is it recommended? Or is one is is extraneous?

If you have any  other any feed backs about my training, diet or schedule, please feel free to share.

Thanks a lot.

arasheed.

I would say you're on a very good path.  The fact that you're feeling great is awesome. The fact that you mentioned your shoulder "niggle"  twice means you should get a health care professional to look at it. ( I would suggest an  ortho MD or a PT with a strong orthopedic resume) If they tell you to rest without telling you what's wrong find a different one.  Good luck, let us know how you make out.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom