all posts post new thread

First workout cycle completed- 30lb gain across board

theck4291

Level 2 Valued Member
Hey guys, sorry if I've been MIA for a minute. I have been just pulled in every direction, and all the other locations I share with can be done from mobile, so I have easier access than here, but I have a minute and want to share.

Just finished my first 3 week cycle of 5/3/1 + BBB.

I have hit plenty of milestone, for me at least.
Squat- a few people were concerned with depth/mobility, which I feel we addressed appropriately in first post, but here is my 482lb squat. I did a paused squat, to make sure I got enough depth. That is a PR of 32lbs from the beginning of the cycle.

Bench- prior to start of my cycle I had a max of 325- just hit 355 during deload week

OHP- 305lb PR... prior to my cycle my OHP was 275, up 30lbs. I think I have another 10 or 20lbs in me here, going to try max again tomorrow before my new cycle begins. (Probably gonna try strict max instead, old max was 255lbs, hoping for 275... almost had it a few days back)

Deadlift I will be attempting tomorrow, haven't tried maxing yet but need to for my new numbers for my new cycle.

Also for funsies, decided to add some stone lifting in my rotation. Found a big rock out in the woods morel hunting, and ended up weighing it in at 220lbs.

Homie just has massive lifts and massive dogs.

Maybe don’t have a dog under the bench on a PR (during a deload?!) with just the wife spotting tho lol.
Yes during deload lol... I'm new to this so trying to figure out... am I not supposed to max? Because from my understanding, I shouldn't max while working out, and if I don't check my max, the program says to add 5lbs to my max and keep going next cycle, but my max went up 30lbs, so wouldn't it be a disservice to not check them?

Oh, and that's my 13 year old little girl lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom