all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check: a few weeks into S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Another idea, and I only mention this because I have the same tendency and have to moniter it in myself.....I notice your feet rocking and toes lifting off the floor. Maybe try rooting your feet into the floor and gripping with your toes throughout the swing, and think of driving your feet downwards into the floor on the upswing as the hips come forward....I find for myself it feels like it gives the swing more oomph. And kudos for the bare feet....will give you more sensation as to what you are doing in the swing.

Thanks.
Looks good overall
Couple of ideas:
Bend you knees more and sit into a more athletic hinge (like your set-up)
Pull the kneecaps up and fully straighten the knees and finish tall

Thanks very much. Any suggestions about a good 'cue' to help with this?

Any suggestions about a good 'cue' to help with this?

1) A cue can help you figure out how to do it right

2) A cue can help you remember to do it right consistently during your practice, once you've figured out how to do it right.

Which type do you mean? And for which of the two corrections - the hinge, or the standing plank?

If it's #2, I'll suggest that the best cues are ones you think of yourself that helps you remember to do the specific things that you tend to lack. Then repeat "your" cue to yourself in your practice. (Learning to do this is one of the secrets to progress and success!!)

If it's #1, then you might need more instruction.

1) A cue can help you figure out how to do it right

2) A cue can help you remember to do it right consistently during your practice, once you've figured out how to do it right.

Which type do you mean? And for which of the two corrections - the hinge, or the standing plank?

If it's #2, I'll suggest that the best cues are ones you think of yourself that helps you remember to do the specific things that you tend to lack. Then repeat "your" cue to yourself in your practice. (Learning to do this is one of the secrets to progress and success!!)

If it's #1, then you might need more instruction.

Thanks. It is 2. For the hinge. I find not sitting deep enough and can’t find a nice mental reminder.

Thanks. It is 2. For the hinge. I find not sitting deep enough and can’t find a nice mental reminder.

Try "Spread the back pockets". I heard it came from Pavel, but I cannot verify. In any case, it mentally (and therefore physically) draws your hips/butt back into the hinge.

Try "Spread the back pockets". I heard it came from Pavel, but I cannot verify. In any case, it mentally (and therefore physically) draws your hips/butt back into the hinge.

Thanks.. I tried this and it does make sense... ace!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom