all posts post new thread

Kettlebell [Form Check] KettleBell Snatch

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Prasith Govin

First Post
Hi All,

Long time lurker but first time poster. I'd like a review of my snatch form and would like to build up enough competency to start an A+A program so would appreciate any help.

Some Background: 40 yrs old, 7+ yrs various striking arts, BJJ Blue Belt, 1 year of S&S (28kg Tested), never considered strong :)

Video is of me around midway towards my workout and I normally do 16/20kg and reach for a few sets of 24 (which is this one).

Thank You!!!

Last edited:
Good hinge, fluid movement, solid punch-through. Looks safe.

Of course you could always improve. In your case the lockout looks a bit shallow, meaning not completely vertical/too far out to the front (could be video angle though).
Try rooting better and keeping your heels on the floor. It's not that it's dangerous or something, but in hardstyle KB practice we don't want that. For GS style it's fine.
Generally you could use more tension in your snatch, it's a bit "soft" overall.

Maybe post a video from the front and from the side from another angle (hip height, not floor). The current vid is not the best because of the angle and the light in the background.

I like your shoes ;) Vivos ftw!

I agree, basically good! As @Kettlebelephant said, add more tension, more aggression (hardstyle), and find a really solid overhead lockout position.

Wow thanks for the great input @Kettlebelephant and @Anna C and sorry about the video quality.

I totally see what you mean about not being rooted and and early lockout. I understand what you mean by being 'soft' and not aggressive or 'hardstyle' but not sure of the changes i'd need to make to get there. Does that just mean work on moving the bell faster overall??

Here's a video from another angle as you suggested where I tried to root more and work on the lockout. Thanks!!

Left Hand (Strong side)

Right Hand (Stronger Side)

Lockout looks good. Rooting aswell.
It's still a bit soft. Aggressively go from hinge to plank. Try really tensing up your body at the top - clenching your glutes, contracting the quads etc.
Maybe try Hardstyle Planks (How To Do The RKC Or Hardstyle Plank) for ~10sec between sets of snatches. During your snatches remember the tension you had during the planks.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom