all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Form check request

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Im out

Level 5 Valued Member
Finally filmed myself swinging, and by the looks of it I should've done so long ago. I can see I don't sit back properly and hinge too early on the downswing, sometimes even lose tension in my upper back.

Both video's I used a 24kg bell (36% of my bw) and on the 1hs I start with my right hand first.

Any pointers, and/or advice ?

Excuse me for the noise :oops:

Nice swings, Shawn. Strong, explosive swing, decent shoulder packing. My suggestions: 1) As you noted, you're breaking out of the standing plank early (with the bell); hinging too early. Hold the plank as the bell begins to descend, then break mainly at the hips, not so much the knees. 2) Be a bit more patient coming out of the back swing; let the backswing complete before you explode back up. Same things on the 1H swing, and you're letting the kettlebell weight pull your working shoulder forward a bit. On both swings, I'd suggest pulling the bell in towards you a few more inches on the initial setup.

To add to Anna's info
too much knees not enough hips - focus more on the hips traveling back into the hinge first instead of breaking at the knees first
Keep the KB "high and tight" in the groin instead of letting it travel down (part of the knees first issue)

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom