all posts post new thread

Old Forum Full Contact Twist Kettlebell version/substitute

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Daniel

Level 1 Valued Member
Pavel,

What would be a suitable version/substitute for the barbell Full Contact Twist using only kettlebells?

Thanks

Not an exact analog, but a move I've enjoyed in the past is a cross chop. Start with the bell at your hip and bring it up to the opposite shoulder quickly.

ETK special report #2 contains some rotational kettlebell exercises that you might like.   Check out Russian twists and the figure 8 to a static hold.

http://www.dragondoor.com/pdf/etkb_bonus_b.pdf

Even though they are not rotational exercises, I'm going to suggest 1-arm bottom up carries and farmer carries, and also the leopard and spider-man crawling from Original Strength, especially the backwards varieties.

Sledgehammer swings. I have really been thinking about it and when my shoulder feels better I will be going with the PM but adding some sledge swings a couple days a week and some form of carries. Deadlifts will be done on a by feel basis. But the basic template will be Pavels original PM from ETK.

My only question is, should the sledge swings be done using the same twelve minute manmaker as with the kettlebell swings? I am doing swingson the minute and increase the number of swings per workout. Waving of course.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom