all posts post new thread

Nutrition gaining weight instead of losing it

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

dentame

First Post
I did the snatch only version (044) of Q&D from Sep to Dec last year. When I started I weighed 340 lbs. At the end I weighed 370 lbs. and I was about the same size as when I started but I had clearly gained some muscle. I could tell my lats were bigger, my calves were more defined, and I was able to tell I had abs for the first time in a while. I wasn't dieting but I wasn't eating junk food. My apatite was a lot higher at the end but I ate the same amount as when I started.

Shouldn't I have lost weight instead of gained it? I was thinking of starting Q&D again and switching to eating 1 meal a day as I usually eat lunch and a something small in the evening. What should I do differently for fat loss?

@dentame Welcome to the SF forum! It sounds like you'll want to take a closer look at what you're eating as it's impossible to gain weight without calorie input (consumption) exceeding calorie expenditure (activity).

Figuring out your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) using an online calculator and taking the time to count the calories and macronutrients (protein, carbohydrates and fats) in your food will give you an idea of where your consumption needs to be in order to lose weight. It's never going to be completely accurate but it's better than trial and error. Most here will agree on a calorie deficit of between 15 and 25 percent (i.e. consuming 15-25% less calories than you burn on a daily basis) to allow for sustainable results.

It's not particularly exciting but it will work if you stick to it. I hope this is helpful!

Last edited:
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom