all posts post new thread

Programming Improv General question about training program

Stavros1

Level 3 Valued Member
Hi!

I have a few questions about my upcoming trainingprogram.

It is (very losely) based on the ideas of Easy strength.

What is your opinion on this program? Is there something missing or other things that i should consider?

Thank you in advance and happy new year!

//Stavros

The program

DAY 1

Push:
Benchpress 3x5-8

Pull:
Row (seal) 3x12

Hinge:
Hip thrust 3x8

Squat:
Front squats 3x8

Carry/EMOM:
Farmers walk

DAY 2:

Push:
Press 3x5-8

Pull:
Lat pulldowns 3x12

Hinge:
Deadlifts 3x4-6

Squat:
Bulgarian split squat 3x12

Carry/EMOM:
Dumbbell clean 5á7 minuter

DAY 3:

Push:
DB press 3x15

Pull:
Cable row 3x12

Hinge:
RDL 3x12

Squat:
Overhead squats 3x5

Carry/EMOM:
Suitcase carry

DAY 4:

Push:
Cable push 5x10

Ss

Rear delt 5x10

Pull:
Biceps 5x10

Ss

Triceps 5x10

Hinge:
Leg curl 5x10

Ss

Leg extensions 5x10

Carry/EMOM:
KB Swings 5x20

Without knowing the loading, exercise selection looks good.

I would stagger upper/lower instead of all upper and then all lower, but it works well either way.

I would stagger upper/lower instead of all upper and then all lower, but it works well either way.
Thank you for your reply!

I just followed the push/pull/hinge/squat pattern but i am open for any idea

Hi, honestly, I can not see the pattern of easy strength. Easy strength is about selecting a handful of exercises and doing 2 sets of 5 everyday. (I am not copying the exact definition from Pavel or Dan John but I believe I am not too far away from the spirit.)

This looks more like a Hypertrophy program to me.

But if you are writing overhead squats to your program I think this shows that you are already experienced and much knowledgable than me.

I would not select so many variations of the patterns maybe program A and program B and cycle it.

I would not leave the KB ballistics to the end of the day, or even to the last day of the week since ballistic requires power generation and I would be too tired for it to be the last move of the week.

How long will you run this program?

With all my respect, @North Coast Miller’s answer made me smile.

Sir, you are running Isometrics hold programs for Hypertrophy with success :) Even writing Isometrics for Hypertrophy hurts my body :) I think I would not survive the last set of RDLs of this program considering the Hip Thrust and the deadlifts of Day 1 and Day 2 but hey, you can survive any program! Hats off to your last video of Iso presses…

With all my respect, @North Coast Miller’s answer made me smile.

Sir, you are running Isometrics hold programs for Hypertrophy with success :) Even writing Isometrics for Hypertrophy hurts my body :) I think I would not survive the last set of RDLs of this program considering the Hip Thrust and the deadlifts of Day 1 and Day 2 but hey, you can survive any program! Hats off to your last video of Iso presses…
If the loading were aggressive enough this routine would whoop my butt in about 5 weeks, tops. Am also envisioning the odd day off.

I am working to increase lean mass, but I don’t think of it as a hypertrophy plan foremost. More of an all around therepeutic approach. Those shoulder presses are rough stuff - a tough set of angles to work against.

Back
Top Bottom