all posts post new thread

Recommendations/Reviews/FS/WTB Geoff Neupert Burn 2.0 two months review

Products recommendations and reviews, items For Sale or Wanted To Buy
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Max_fr

Level 3 Valued Member
Hey guys !
First post for me on that forum, but i've been on here for quite a long time !

Today i would like to share my experience (so far) on the program called Kettlebell Burn 2.0 by sir Geoff Neupert.
I did "only" two months with the program and because i get bored i decided to stop and then move to something else.

Right !
Little background: i'm 29, years of bodyweight training to stay fit, boxing from 13 to 18, some running and swimming. Discoverded Pavel in 2018 maybe and then quickly started kettlebells with homemade programs and then last year SnS going up to a 24kilos. Still doing bodyweight though.
I have a pair of 16 and one 24 kilos which is too heavy for me; i can PP or jerk it but impossible to press it.
I didn't choose burn 2.0 to lose weight ! only because i liked the exercises and i felt interesed in it.

So on november 14th last year i tested myself on a 20min double clean and press with a pair of 16. I did 67 reps and it was not easy.

First day of Burn 2.0: November 16. Weight: 78,2 kilos
I really did enjoy the program, sometimes exhausting because i was pushing myself a bit hard. I often layed down on the ground for minutes after the swings to recover...
At the end of the first month i lost 2 kilos. I got scared of losing so much weight so quickly, i wasn't expecting it to be so effective. Especially because i was eating like a monster after each training... i was starving !

During the second month i decided to skip the swings and focus on the rest of the exercises. I saved then about 10min.
The end of the second month was few days ago and yesterday i did another 20min double CP test (still with the 16s). I did 90 reps !

So going from 67 reps to 90 in two months. That is an increase of 34% !
And going from 78,2 kg to 77 kg today. I lost 1.2kg but as i said before, losing weight wasn't my goal AND i ate like a pig AND i skipped swings at month n°2.

WTH: -I can now press the 24 ! 2 reps on the right arm and 1 with the left.
-I did 53 dips, but not doing any for two months
-I can now snatch quite easily the 16, it was a bit hard before

So really a big thank you Geoff ! Really liked the experience. I did gain strenght and i did lose weight... I really liked the program and maybe i'll come back to it someday with a weight loss goal.
As someone said on the forum once "Pick any Geoff's program and eat as your goal is set: you will have what you're aiming for"... i mean he said something like that !

Cheers !

Max

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom