all posts post new thread

Old Forum Geoff Neupert's RMBFB

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jg64

Level 2 Valued Member
I was reading some of the threads/responses to pasha pasha's LCCJ post and it reminded me to take some time and praise Geoff Neupert's "Real Muscle Building Fat Burner" program.   It can be found in his "kettlebell express ultra" so as not to give too much away.

It is a doubles program based upon the HS LCCJ or the Clean and Push Press done three times a week.  Prior to this program I was really a clean and press guy and even though Geoff frequently touted the long cycle and the push press as great go to exercises, I didn't want to give up the clean and press and the front squats as the meat and potatoes of my workouts.

In mid February I started the program at 215 pounds.  I utilized the clean and push press as it is technically easier to use (I am going to redo it at some point with the LCCJ as I have been practicing it).

All I can say is that it worked wonders for me.   I got stronger, way stronger, and it did carry over to my pressing strength.   I was stuck at a double in February with double forty kgs and after I completed the program I got four and could have been a fifth but I didn't want to chance it.  My ten RM clean and push press went to 18 reps in three months.

My weight came down to 204, and I lost nearly two inches  from my waist and none from my chest shoulders and legs.  I ate normally but eliminated junk.  I can assume that the explosive nature of the push press must increase one's metabolism.

Conditioning also dramatically improved.  My heart rate sored for the first few workouts then got progressively "more comfortable" as I progressed while doing more volume each week.

I was able to sleep like a baby, especially on training days!

Obviously I highly recommend it.

Nice! Thanks for the write up as I was interested in that specific program. For my training enhancement I noticed the Push Press/LCCJ and Heavy Swings have given me the most in the ring(Karate/Kickboxing).

John, really appreciate that post and very timely indeed. I too mostly do double clean & press with some front squats thrown in. I keep a forward plan for the next year of workouts and have the above program pencilled in for 20th July start.

I'm finishing KB Strong short course in a couple of weeks (did an 8 weeks version) and planning to practice LCCJ for 4 weeks while I'll be fasting to get a hang of it, otherwise I will use clean & PP.

We've been practicing long cycle C&J in the studio we go to for the past four or five weeks.  I have a background in olympic lifting, but I was surprised by how awkward they were initially.  They're one of my favorite movements now.

I'm not sure what the  “Real Muscle Building Fat Burner” program entails, but I've been practicing them KB STRONG style at home once a week (10 sets of 6 with decreasing rest).  When we do them in class, it's for max reps.  My goal has been to work up to 20 reps with the 24's.  I just hit it with a pair of 20's and got 15 with the 24's last week.

Still trying to find my groove when it comes to dropping them back down from the overhead position.  They either hit me too hard, or I use what feels like too much energy to control them.

Hmm Kettlebell Express Ultra is not for sale currently. I will wait to check this out when and if it comes around again. Thanks.

John:
how many reps you did in a workout??

I did 15x5 with 10RM in 30minutes? Is it good?
First day RMBFB.

Taro, if I remember correctly, that's exactly what I did.  It was a killer workout, but I was able to add on rounds as time progressed.

How did you do much repeating on one session?

Day 2 - 5x(2,4,6)  + 2reps.. in 20minutes...  62reps. It is ok, or to low volume?

I am afraid, that it too little.

In series - 7-8reps it will still be less.

That is scope 50-100reps will be good?

(tomorrow I have 20 minutes / 7 of reps.)

Taro, here was Geoffs advice to me,  don't overthink it.  As long as you do what you can and improve over the course of the program, you'll be pleased in the end.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom