all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong Getup and press

wiwip

Level 1 Valued Member
I'm designing my own planstrong program. I want to train both Getup and press. I think of getup as an assistance exercise and try to allocate 20-30% NL .
My question is, How many reps should one Getup count as press?
I'm curious about your thoughts.
one getup = 3-5 reps press will be okay?

I'm designing my own planstrong program. I want to train both Getup and press. I think of getup as an assistance exercise and try to allocate 20-30% NL .
My question is, How many reps should one Getup count as press?
I'm curious about your thoughts.
one getup = 3-5 reps press will be okay?
Just a thought

Use plan strong for your press and then use a dice roll based on your best getup

What is your target size bell for each and what is your current best 1rm?

My press 1rm is 24kg , I can getup with 32kg.

So 70% of 32kg is 22kg rounding up and down that would mean 75% is 24kg

Have you considered just doing a daily getup plan using a dice roll to dictate what size bell you'll use and do 3-5 sets??

I would save the plan strong type programming for now.. how about just running giant 3.0 then following it up with the rite of passage?

So 70% of 32kg is 22kg rounding up and down that would mean 75% is 24kg

Have you considered just doing a daily getup plan using a dice roll to dictate what size bell you'll use and do 3-5 sets??

I would save the plan strong type programming for now.. how about just running giant 3.0 then following it up with the rite of passage?
I like this! I will be starting ROP soon and dont want to give up TGU’s. I dont have experience with dice roll. I have a 12, 16, 24 and 32 KB. Does this make sense for die roll-
1 or 2- 12kg
3 or 4 - 16kg
5 - 24kg
6 - 32kg
Last question does daily mean 5 or 7 days/wk?

If you are doing a true plan strong program it is very high volume. Something in the ball park of 300+ presses per month. With that type of volume I would just do get ups as a warm up. For me they take quite a bit out of me especially trying to do more than 2-3 get ups along with the increasing volume of a plan strong cycle.

I like this! I will be starting ROP soon and dont want to give up TGU’s. I dont have experience with dice roll. I have a 12, 16, 24 and 32 KB. Does this make sense for die roll-
1 or 2- 12kg
3 or 4 - 16kg
5 - 24kg
6 - 32kg
Last question does daily mean 5 or 7 days/wk?
Nothing higher than the 24kg for getups.. remember you want smooth and almost effortless getups..

How about posting a getup vid so we can give you feedback??
Daily would be 5 days a week for ne

Thank you all. I decided to start press program and add get up as a warm up .
But I'm still curious about calculating reps of getup in serious program.
In Strongfirst, we have a lot of overhead lifts like jerk,getup,military press, bentpress etc.
Each one will have a different effect, but I just wonder how many reps are equal to one strict press in terms of overhead fatigue

example:
1 press = 2 jerk = 3getup

But I'm still curious about calculating reps of getup in serious program.
In Strongfirst, we have a lot of overhead lifts like jerk,getup,military press, bentpress etc.
Each one will have a different effect, but I just wonder how many reps are equal to one strict press in terms of overhead fatigue

example:
1 press = 2 jerk = 3getup
I don't think you're going to be able to find a good answer for that.

I think this is the closest you're going to find. I don't think that its in stone, but it's a good start.

Nothing higher than the 24kg for getups.. remember you want smooth and almost effortless getups..

How about posting a getup vid so we can give you feedback??
Daily would be 5 days a week for ne
Got it. Thank you Mark, will post a video in the near future

Back
Top Bottom