all posts post new thread

Old Forum Glad I "Sucked it up" today

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

kbkris

Level 2 Valued Member
So, I live in the tropical paradise of Cleveland, Ohio.  Right now the weather is great.  It's even greater for sinuses.

I got home today and really didn't want to do anything.  I picked up the bell and began begrudgingly going through the warmup (which by the way has done wonders for helping my back feel even better, but I still hate going through warmups).  After the first circuit, my blood starting to move around a little bit better.  By the third, I was glad I started.

I then started my first set of KB swings.  Now, I was really starting to feel better.  After I completed the five swings, I went to the TGU.

I have completed the exercises for today and feel a lot better.

What is the moral of the story?  I think there are two: 1) I'm a fat, 39-year-old man starving for Internet attention from people I don't know and 2) there may be times you don't want to play with big heavy iron balls, but you better do it anyway.

Take care everyone.

-Kris

You've got my attention "old" man ;)

I've often found the training sessions I don't want to do ("feel tired", "my body's aching", etc.) end up being great sessions. I have no idea why really but I subscribe to the John Broz train of thought that your body is lying to you. Look around, it's always trying to take the easy way out. Sometimes you just have to tell it that it can go back to eating ice cream and watching reruns of "How I Met Your Mother" after it has put in the effort to be the badass it should be.

I appreciate the honesty of this post, and it made me laugh.  We all want attention from strangers, don't we?  I've been training in martial arts for 20 years and with kettlebells since 2001, or whenever Pavel revived them here and I have never regretted doing a workout, only skipping them.  I can tell you that this morning I do not feel like doing my S&S session.  But knowing that I will regret it if I don't, and knowing how much better I will feel after is the motivation to get me through a morning like this.  Thanks for sharing:)

Lovley post!

Yeah somedays I feel off and don't want to train. S&S solved it with an easy day, wich isn't that easy anyway so you might as well do the program.

Me to.  Did 100 hardsyle swings in 6 minutes with a 70 pounder. 10x10.  Felt refreshed after.

I always tell myself, "You're only cheating yourself," and that's when I'm able to guilt myself into working out. 

I'm not feeling wornout between the workouts, but I will probably still wait until next Monday before I up the sets of swings.  I'm going to keep the swings two handed for a while because I notice a little pain in my left arm when I do H2H.   I think I'm going to up the TGU to the 2 pood soon.  I really don't feel that challenged on them with the 1.5. 

I may be a little bit too round, but I'm strong like bull.

Great post. Kris!!  Keep showing up.  Btw a family friend announces Browns games.  Doug Dieken.  Great guy. Too bad I can't say the same about your team,)  Keep up the great work!

Nice.  I think I've heard Doug a few times on the radio. 

The main problem with the Browns is their fan base is too loyal.  If they stopped showing up to the games, the front office might actually try to find a way to create a winning team / strategy.

I had days like a few weeks ago when I was doing sets of 40-50 reps over 12 minutes with ETK PM.  I definitely had days where I had to suck it up.  Even with the warm ups.  Never really liked the wall squats and pumps.

Loving S&S.  I've always preferred low reps and higher poundage (kiloage?) to the other way around. Hardstyle quality over quantity.  I also like the new warmup way more than the ETK warmup.  But in time as the weight goes up, rest shrinks, and I focus more on 1 handed swings, I'm sure I'll be sucking it up on S&S too.

I can't remember which book it waa but I remember Pavel saying something to the effect of, "If you're bored, tough.  Do you want to be stronger or entertained?". I'm paraphrasing there.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom