all posts post new thread

Bodyweight Good BW routine for a week

DannyHoj

Level 4 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hi all. I'm going to be away for a bit over a week with the family and need a good bodyweight only routine I can do. I'll be on a beach, no access to a formal gym and looking for something I can bang out each morning. I can run sprints on the beach but can not do pull-ups even if I find something that would work as they tend to get my elbow tendonitis going. By way of background I train BJJ 4-5 times a week and do Strength work 3-4 times a week.

Really just looking for something I can do for 30 minutes to get my heart rate up and make sure I'm good to go at BJJ as soon as I get back as opposed to the "3 classes to get back in grappling shape" that normally happens when I travel and can't roll.

Thanks!

Hi all. I'm going to be away for a bit over a week with the family and need a good bodyweight only routine I can do. I'll be on a beach, no access to a formal gym and looking for something I can bang out each morning. I can run sprints on the beach but can not do pull-ups even if I find something that would work as they tend to get my elbow tendonitis going. By way of background I train BJJ 4-5 times a week and do Strength work 3-4 times a week.

Really just looking for something I can do for 30 minutes to get my heart rate up and make sure I'm good to go at BJJ as soon as I get back as opposed to the "3 classes to get back in grappling shape" that normally happens when I travel and can't roll.

Thanks!
You could do some freestyle movenat stuff, calisthenics, rolling or animal movements. Nothing felt more invigorating to me than when I would spend 30 minutes just doing freestyle movement.

Keep it bouncy but not push to the point of too much muscular fatigue.

If you are on the beach, I would go play in the waves, swim, and do some Hindu pushups. Maybe one or two days grease the groove with some one-arm push-ups, pistol squats, handstand push-ups or whatever you can do. Rent a paddle board and enjoy yourself.

When I am on vacation or traveling , I do GMB Elements inspired crawling. Low impact, improvised a safe way to keep moving and pushing yourself if needed. Basically what very similar to what Adam described as Animal movement.They have free resources for quick animal movement routines.

Crawling is a great vacation movement as it can be done anywhere. Crawl 10 minutes Add in some hindu squats, pushups, rocking, rolling, and Deadbugs etc. If you bring a band you can also "pull" and do something really well rounded.
Good call on bringing a band, thanks for the tip.

When I am on vacation or traveling , I do GMB Elements inspired crawling. Low impact, improvised a safe way to keep moving and pushing yourself if needed. Basically what very similar to what Adam described as Animal movement.They have free resources for quick animal movement routines.
I'm going to search that now, thanks.

Reactions: Ege

Thanks!
Just got back from a situation like that, Brought some mini-bands with me for sh/hip warm-ups.
Hotel room: P3 , Flex.Steel, Step-ups, SLS, push-ups, planks, wall sits, Animal Flows.
Pool/Ocean/Beach: Swimming, treading water, paddling on a 10' soft-top, backwards walking and 12,000+ steps per day.

Just got back from a situation like that, Brought some mini-bands with me for sh/hip warm-ups.
Hotel room: P3 , Flex.Steel, Step-ups, SLS, push-ups, planks, wall sits, Animal Flows.
Pool/Ocean/Beach: Swimming, treading water, paddling on a 10' soft-top, backwards walking and 12,000+ steps per day.
Treading water is amazing. I always do this at the pool with the kids. One thing i bring everywhere i go now is a jumprope as well. Also find a local park or playground and that is a gym of it’s own. I guess it’s easier for me since i usually have kids with me, but i still do it from time to time without them.

Back
Top Bottom