all posts post new thread

Old Forum Grease the Groove Question

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeff

Level 5 Valued Member
Is Grease the Groove best done with a moderately difficult resistance for sets of five, or with a heavier resistance for singles?  I guess with the lighter sets of five the effort could be repeated more times throughout the day?

The idea is not too push hard;it should feel "easy"--do 50% of the reps you could normally do  and spread them through the day

Jeffrey, vary the resistance and the reps if the exercise allows it.  Mostly do sets of 3-4; sets of 5-6 a little less; singles and doubles the least.

I've been doing "Grease the Groove" with Captains of Crush grippers (level 1) and holy crap, my grip has improved. Before I was doing sets of 10 here and there, and it was a bit of a struggle to get them done...only doing sets within an hour or two here and there throughout the week.

Now I've been doing sets of 5-6 every 30 minutes to an hour at my desk at work for about a week, and I can almost close the gripper completely now. I also feel stronger overall just because my grip strength has increased.

I foresee that I will be getting the next level up CoC gripper soon :)

Daniel, an excellent result - congratulations.  If you don't own the Trainer C of C yet, get one when your order your #2 - it's also great for GTG for almost any level of max grip strength, IMHO.

-S-

Stupid question: I am doing a minimalist/freestyle LCCJ program at the moment - can you GTG ballistics?

Daniel - Know that from the COC #1 to the COC #2 is a pretty big jump. You might consider the COC #1.5. They didn't have that when I bought mine several years ago.

I haven't trained them regularly in years. I got to where I could close the #1 easily, but could barely get the #2 to parallel.

When I was using them regularly, I just kept them at the office and would bang out 1-3 reps several times per day (GTG) and did pretty well. Things fizzled out with the #2 though.

I've been thinking about starting them up again though, with all of the recent buzz here.

Hey, I´m looking for scientific studies or surveys concerning GTG or anything towards the physical background, why and how it works.

Best regards, Seb

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom