all posts post new thread

Old Forum gym floor

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

NJRick

Level 3 Valued Member
I am creating a space in my garage for kettle bell training.  Does anybody have suggestions for what to put on the floor?

cool, seems like what i'm looking for

what thickness do you recommend?

Also, did you glue yours down?

Only comes in one size thickness at Tractor Supply. I've never looked anywhere else. No glue. It's really heavy and doesn't move. I've been using mine for months and never had an issue.

Seconding the horse stall mat recommendation. If it smells kinda funky when you buy it, leave it outside and let it outgas for a few days. Some of them have a kind of chemical smell to them.

I don't put anything on my garage floor, it's just concrete. Never had any problems with either kettlebells or my bumper plates.

Agree- stall mats.  Cheap, durable, forgiving.  I'll add one more.  My stall mats have a rough texture, and give no joy to my knees doing getups.  I got a 4x6 puzzle mat from Walmart that I put down for getups and for stretching.  They sell it as flooring to go under a treadmill or elliptical machines.  $20.

I've been using the same horse stall mats for like 5-6 years and they barely look worn. No need to glue them down. They are heavy enough that they don't really go anywhere.

I concur with the stall mats.I deadlift  on mine with a not so gentle set down and they have held up greatly.Not to mention many KB drops when a bad rep sneaks it's way in.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom