all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed GYM MEMES (cont'd)

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
My current boss (but more like a friend of mine) is a national BJJ referee and dude tries to convince me to do BJJ. And I'm trying to convince him to lift some heavy stuff. He likes nah I'm old give me a break and swing his 12 kg bell for 5 sets of 20.
I'm old and that's exactly why I'm hesitant to do BJJ. I know I'd like it - I also know I'd be too competitive, too slow to tap, and get injured.

I once used a similar strategy. I got really sick with the flu a couple of weeks before a tournament, and while I wasn't sick, I was far from recovered by the time the tournament rolled around. So...

I let people mount me, and just played defense until there was thirty seconds left. I then elbow escaped to a heel hook. By the time I made my move, my opponent was used to me doing zero offense for four minutes and was taken complelely by surprise. Worked three times! The last match, as I was playing defense, I let my mind wander to how well this strategy was working, and in that mental lapse I got cought in arm lock. Ha!

The same thing happended in the video. Jesse spent the bulk of the match running away, so that when he actually went on the offensive, he caught the guy completely by surprise and walked right over his guard.

As Helio once said, "First, you survive. Then, you win."

I once used a similar strategy. I got really sick with the flu a couple of weeks before a tournament, and while I wasn't sick, I was far from recovered by the time the tournament rolled around. So...

I let people mount me, and just played defense until there was thirty seconds left. I then elbow escaped to a heel hook. By the time I made my move, my opponent was used to me doing zero offense for four minutes and was taken complelely by surprise. Worked three times! The last match, as I was playing defense, I let my mind wander to how well this strategy was working, and in that mental lapse I got cought in arm lock. Ha!

The same thing happended in the video. Jesse spent the bulk of the match running away, so that when he actually went on the offensive, he caught the guy completely by surprise and walked right over his guard.

As Helio once said, "First, you survive. Then, you win."
Sound very much like "Sumo is cheating"

images

Back
Top Bottom