all posts post new thread

Off-Topic Hacks for improving sleep ?

No water 2-3 hours before bed, but keep a glass on your nightstand.
Magnesium on soles of feet before bed
Reading 20 minutes or 2 chapters in bed and pee one last time after reading.
If you wake up, pee, don't look at clock, drink a 1/2 glass of water and close your eyes.
If after 15 minutes, meditate and deep breath for 100 breaths.
Red light does not disrupt melatonin so red led clocks and night lights are a must.

Ten milligrams of melatonin times two. One a hour before bed and one four hours later after the first one wears off.

I like to add that you will not die from lack of sleep if you only get seven hours and you do not have to sleep in a cocoon.

The trend is that melatonin is remarkable. Presently the dose I take is just shy of a hangover. Too much makes me ether dizzy or lowers my B.P.
Took me awhile to adjust to the big dose but I've taken big doses during the day before radiation generating medical scans and it worked like a charm.

The trend is that melatonin is remarkable. Presently the dose I take is just shy of a hangover. Too much makes me ether dizzy or lowers my B.P.
In a medical q&a in Shallenberger's video, the hypothesis is that people are getting a detoxification effect. If that's true, it would likely diminish over time as the dosage is gradually increased.

I have not tried melatonin in the day time. I may give it a try. I do have naturally low BP and a heart rate that’s in the forties often.

In a medical q&a in Shallenberger's video, the hypothesis is that people are getting a detoxification effect. If that's true, it would likely diminish over time as the dosage is gradually increased.

Well maybe in the future I’m not one to use gadgets. That’s for the suggestion.
Melatonin: Both a Messenger of Darkness and a Participant in the Cellular Actions of Non-Visible Solar Radiation of Near Infrared Light
by Dun-Xian Tan 1,*,Russel J. Reiter 1ORCID,Scott Zimmerman 2 andRuediger Hardeland 3ORCID
Department of Cell Systems and Anatomy, UT Health San Antonio, Long School of Medicine, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
Silas, Inc., Basking Ridge, NJ 07920, USA
Johann Friedric Blumenbach Institute of Zoology and Anthropology, University of Göttingen, D-37073 Göttingen, Germany
Author to whom correspondence should be addressed.
Biology 2023, 12(1), 89; Melatonin: Both a Messenger of Darkness and a Participant in the Cellular Actions of Non-Visible Solar Radiation of Near Infrared Light
Submission received: 10 December 2022 / Revised: 25 December 2022 / Accepted: 4 January 2023 / Published: 6 January 2023

Well maybe in the future I’m not one to use gadgets. That’s for the suggestion.
Well, here's the punchline: 90% of our melatonin is in our cells, so if you can boost that via light, you've found a way to boost the most powerful antioxidant in the human body (more powerful than glutathione or Vitamin C because it can keep getting reduced to an intermediate metabolite at least 10 times....).

"A review of the literature suggests that not only retinal, but also whole body and intranasal irradiation with red light leads to a notable increase in serum melatonin levels in humans."

Odinokov, D., & Hamblin, M. R. (2018). Aging of lymphoid organs: Can photobiomodulation reverse age-associated thymic involution via stimulation.

One caveat: there are melatonin levels in cells as well as in blood and they aren't necessarily the same thing..

Back
Top Bottom