all posts post new thread

Old Forum Hand and Thigh Lift

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Steve Freides

Staff
Senior Certified Instructor Emeritus
Elite Certified Instructor
http://youtu.be/qSk5xpDT6jU

First real training session these today - will do this at a meet on October 12.  Last two reps on video:

190 (pair of 45s) x 1

280 (another pair of 45) x 1

368 (pair of 20 kg) x 1, 1, 1

412 (pair of 10 kg) x 1, 1 (video 2nd rep)

434 (remove 10 kg, replace w/ 15 kg) x 1

Good work, Steve!  If you're able to get in contact with Joe Garcia (USAWA lifter), he could give you some great insight on the H&T lift.  He holds the all-time USAWA record at a bit over 1,900lbs.

Thank you, Ben.  I have been in touch w/ Joe on the IAWA and USAWA forums on Facebook, and he has given me good advice, as have others.

For anyone interested, apparently my technique here is far from ideal.  I am doing a partial deadlift, which is perfectly legal, and it may end up being how I perform the lift - not sure how my back is going to like Joe's suggestion - but if you look online at Joe's 1500 lb. hand-and-thigh lift, you can see how the bar sits much higher at the start, and the knees are basically straight at the start as well.  Then all you do is lean back to get the bar off the ground.

I have a history of not tolerating any back extension exercises well, even a prone "Superman" type, and this is certainly a super superman kind of thing, so we shall see ....

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom