all posts post new thread

Old Forum Heavy Snatch

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Amiketa

Level 1 Valued Member
Greetings ladies and gents,

For me at BW 73kg Heavy Snatching is 32 kg 5x 5/5.

Is it good replacement for Pressing.

I know that is different kind of exercise but can be use like additional exercise for heavyer pressing?

Thanks

Totally different movements.  Press slow.  Snatch fast. momentum should not be used in the press! Defeats it's purpose

Hold on there. I have noticed that there is definitely a disinhibition effect from doing heavy snatches. This effect won't generally help you press heavier, but it will potentially add reps with a weight you can already press. For example, at one point about eight years ago I snatched 100 reps with 32kg in 5:00. After catching my breath  and resting 10 minutes, I banged out high reps of presses with 32kg on each side, 6-7 each, crushing my PRs. This seems to be some kind of immediate effect rather than a long-term training effect, maybe a stress response.

Anyone had some experience with heavy snatching?

I know that is different movement than press.At the some point you have to punch thru and that is the same point where is the sticky point :)

Maybe I am wrong .

Heavy snatches really didn't help my presses.  I just got some overuse in the back of my shoulders.  Pavel has a blog post called "Bench to Kettlebell Press More" and Rif has a thread on pursuing the 1/2 bodyweight kettlebell press.  I did make progress by doing partial tricep extensions from the kettlebell press lockout position.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom