all posts post new thread

Programming Improv Help with push programming at home

dfanelli83

Level 2 Valued Member
Hi everyone, I'd appreciate some help/suggestions on programming my pushes. Im 5'11 and 190lbs, but will be starting gain some weight soon.

Here is what I currently have access to and my current strength levels:
  1. Trap bar floor/rack press (205x8, 225x3, 245x1)
  2. Pushups (BW) - can do about 30 quality reps
  3. Pushups (+20) - can do about 20 quality reps
  4. Pushups (+40) - can do about 15-18 quality reps
  5. KBs (10,25,35, 24kg, 32kg) - Can press 24kg for about 12 reps, and 32 kg for about 2-3 reps
  6. I also have pushup handles, rings, sandbags, and some bands.
Any suggestions on how to program things for an overall strength / strength endurance improvements?

Thank You.

Hi everyone, I'd appreciate some help/suggestions on programming my pushes. Im 5'11 and 190lbs, but will be starting gain some weight soon.

5. KBs (10,25,35, 24kg, 32kg) - Can press 24kg for about 12 reps, and 32 kg for about 2-3 reps
Any suggestions on how to program things for an overall strength / strength endurance improvements?

Thank You.
What is your training history, age, and the rest of your training program look like? What is the goal of your push programming?

Thank You.
Any specific metrics you're aiming for? Or just get stronger overall and add some muscle?

What is your training history, age, and the rest of your training program look like? What is the goal of your push programming?
I'm 39 y.o., been training since about 16. Rest of the week is stuff like stepups, lunges, deadlift, rows, rucking, sandbag carries, hill sprints, etc. I also am currently playing baseball/softball 1-2x a week, but this is not that demanding. It at least shouldn't affect my upper body programming.
Any specific metrics you're aiming for? Or just get stronger overall and add some muscle?
No real specific goals, just trying to push myself. Would be nice to build some strength and additional lean mass.

I stumbled across this video and it looks like a decent place for me to start, although I don't know about the frequency he is recommending. It sounds like he is recommending pretty much every day AND doing more every night before bed.

But I did the 2 minute test and was able to get 48. So I started today with 4x16 with 60 seconds between sets.

I think I might organize a week something like this.

M - Floor Press 3x5 ramping to a RPE 7-8, followed by KB OHP 2-3x6-10 RPE 6-7
Th - Floor Press 6-8x3-5 RPE 5-6 (kinda like dynamic effort work), followed by KB OHP 3x3-5 RPE 6-8

Then 1-4 other times during the week, work on pushups similar to in the video mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom