all posts post new thread

Old Forum How do you quote someone?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Jeff

Level 5 Valued Member
I am used to seeing a quote bouton on forums so if I want to respond directly to a post I can.  I don't see a quote button and wonder if I am missing something.

Jeffrey, I don't see that function, either.  Perhaps that is a feature that we will be able to add in the future, as we make other adjustments and additions to forum functionality.  I agree it is helpful.  In the meantime, perhaps just copy and paste, using the block quote format option.

Thank you!

Can't seem to find a "search" function either, unless I'm just missing it. The best thing about a "quote" function would be that I could quote Nikki and sound cooler....

I noticed this forum doesn’t have alot of features others do… you can still use google to search here by using this context.

Just google the following replacing what you want to search for.

site: www.strongfirst.com/forum “search criteria”

Copy and paste the text you want to quote in the section where you type, select that said text and click on the quote button. Alternative, select the text and press Alt + Shift + Q.

Not ideal, but it's there.

To add to what Kenny said, if you click on the HTML tab at the top right of the message composition window, you will see the <blockquote> and </blockquote> tags as you have them in your message - if something gets quoted but it seems messed up, just go here and move around what you need to via cut, copy, paste.
I'm going to type this sentence, then highlight it, then click b-quote while in the HTML version of things.
and it puts a <blockquote> at the beginning of my sentence and a </blockquote> at the end.

By the way, this is also the basis of working around the lack of Edit functionality - highlight your original message, click on Edit, then paste it into what comes up, which is a blank window.  Then you can edit to your heart's content, then save, and you've edited your post.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom