all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed How Does Pavel Train?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

vegpedlr

Level 6 Valued Member
Any idea how the Big Man himself trains on a day to day to basis? He’s written about a lot of different tools and methods, but does he favor anything in particular, or always mixing it up?

He's spoken about it in the past - probably could find something searching the old forum here.

I have participated in at least one powerlifting meet with Pavel, and @Brett Jones was also there. AAU, Laughlin or Las Vegas (can't remember which), Nevada, probably 10-15 years ago now.

-S-

I love that podcast.
"Let's do a soundcheck...why don't you tell me what you had for breakfast today"
"Coffee"

Bodybuilding Success Blueprint: Pavel's Red Zone Pt 2 | Iron Man Magazine
OH: What's your weekly routine'workout days and rest days?

PT: Provided I am not on the road putting a hurt on someone, I alternate deadlift days with kettlebell days (snatches, swings, presses and so on) with an occasional day off. I do heavy, never-more-than-five reps, ab work and splits almost daily. The purpose is wiry strength.

@Steve Freides i remember the was an interview with Pavel, in that he shared that he workout in old bank, and once time he got stuck on strap ( using strap instead of ring)

I've often thought about alternating deadlift days with S&S days, but the fine folks here have suggested to either do it in two week blocks or two days of each each week.

Isn't vodka and pickles basically three days a week?

I LOVE Chuck Norris jokes. When they were a thing a few years back, I collected pages of them and hurt myself regularly laughing at them.

That Pavel when is pretty good!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom