all posts post new thread

Old Forum How to combine S&S with running?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

germanguy

First Post
Hello from Germany,

I just started the S&S program (swings and TGU) last week, and try to figure out a way to combine it with my current running program.

I do 3 runs each week, mostly slow, steady, and nice and easy for me (speed is about 10 minutes/mile, anywhere from 30 to 45 minutes, sometimes around 60 minutes on a weekend (covering 6 miles).

I would like to keep this easy running schedule in place, because it is my way of relaxing and is just plain fun. Plus it's done to prepare for several 10 k cross-country runs with the family in summer.

Workwise, I work in an office behind a computer desk most days. So that is not too stressful physically, regarding possible problems with recovering from KB and running.

I might be able to throw in a Wednesday evening class of kickboxing (90 minutes) in this mixture, if time permits.

I am 44 yo., no health issues, but slightly overweight and could lose some pounds.

Any suggestions? Maybe 3 days of S&S plus 3 days of running each week? Or would it still work to do S&S almost daily, while keep on going with those easy runs?

Thanks for your help.

germanguy

There have already been about three different and very recent threads on this topic.  Search around and you should find your answer.   If not, come back and ask a specific question about S & S.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom