all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong How to read the manual plans

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

PeterLuffman

Level 5 Valued Member
I'm looking at the pre-written plans at the back of the manual, sometimes the sets/reps are written like this:

24kg x 4
28kg x 3
32kg x 2

Sometimes its written like this:

24kg x 1/2

And other times its written like this:

24g x 2,3

I've got the guidelines on how to complete your lifts, and i know there's an optimal rep range to adhere to.

But could someone explain the differences please just so that I don't make a mistake? Thanks

24 kg x 1/2 means two singles.

24 kg x 2,3 means a double then a triple.

The usual <weight> x <reps> is sufficient when the weight changes with each set. The other notations are necessary when the same weight is used for consecutive sets.

-S-

Something else I notice about these plans in the manual, is the high volume days are often on the Wednesday.

When volumes are high enough to warrant 3 days per week training, I've been following the suggested 25/33/42 distribution and spreading this across the week, meaning Friday is high volume day.

Is that not optimal?

In what instance would you change high volume day to Wednesday?

@PeterLuffman, I'm not looking in the manual and I'm not remembering _why_ this is, but I do remember this, so I think your observation is correct. It _is_ explained somewhere in there.

-S-

Having just done the course, I would tend to agree with you Peter.

Volume went from L - M - H (unless in a pre comp month)

Intensity went L - H - M such that the Wednesday (for example) was usually the heavier session.

Did you find an answer to this?

PS - my manual only arrived today, so Ive not had a chance to read it yet

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom