all posts post new thread

Kettlebell How would you increase Easy Reg Park

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Tjerr

Level 6 Valued Member
Certified Instructor
Hi all,

After a Cycle of RoP with a 28 bell, I´ve decided to do Easy Reg Park for a couple of weeks (months) until I can press 32 at least 2 x 5 reps. This is probably going to take a while...

Easy Reg Park: A New Program to Train Your Basic Six | StrongFirst

My question is, I have every bell in doubles except the 44 and 48. My heavy days are now 2 x 5 @ double 40 Front Squat and the same for Double Clean. (Snatches 44 and presses still working up to 2 x 5 @ 32). But because I don't have a double 44, I'm not sure how to increase.

I can do my heavy days for a while with 40 + 44 (4 kg increase) and then after 40 + 48 (4 kg increase), but doubtful about different bells and work up to 5 x 5 double 40 on medium day.

Or keep going on double 40 in my heavy day and just increase the reps to 8 or something?

What are your thoughts?

Your weights on that program are right where I was the last time I did it. I do have double 44s and 48s and did a few days with the double 44 clean, but it wasn't anything special. By that time the bells are getting so big that it gets more awkward than good for strength training. If I went back to that program, I'd probably just bump up the reps once I get to about 40. I think that will be more useful in the long run.

You can add a 1-2 second pause at the bottom for squats and ensure you can still keep effort level not more than 7/10 for each rep

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom