all posts post new thread

PlanStrong/BuiltStrong intensity dynamics within a month

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tongzilla

Level 1 Valued Member
in the presentation slides, it says:

1608557193440.png

but it doesn't really say how you want HARI to vary throughout the weeks

for example weekly HARI can be very similar from week 1 to week 4 (e.g. 79-80% all four weeks), or can differ by more (e.g. range from 75-85%), but average HARI for the month can still be the same in both these cases.

1. are we aiming for large or small variability in HARI between weeks?
2. is it necessary to deliberate program weekly HARI to be correlated with weekly NL in some way, for example: high NL week goes with high HARI to avoid inverse relationship between volume and intensity?

My understanding:
- delta 1% applies. Both 79-80 or 75-85 can be good. I don't think you will have 10% difference week to week anyway. Most of the time, I have 1-3% difference. Variability in the variability is probably a good thing too.
- intensity and volume are decorrelated, so I do not try to avoid inverse relationsship. Sometimes, it happens. I can end up with low-low, high-high, low-high...

What I've done is pick a different intensity variant for different weights, and I believe this is suggested (either in the course or the manual or both). This seems to take care of varying the week-to-week intensity for the most part.

-S-

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom