all posts post new thread

Is Anatoly legit or fake weights?

Gman10

Level 4 Valued Member
I believe his real name is Vladimir Shmondenko, his youtube is hilarious either way, but is this dude legit or are they messing around with fake weights? If he's legit, he's STRONG.

He is legit strong for his size. He apparently deadlifts a bit over 600 and squats in the upper 400s at a pretty light bodyweight. You can see some of his best lifts if you look it up online. I do think a fair amount of the videos are set up, though. I do find most of his stuff funny.

I believe his real name is Vladimir Shmondenko, his youtube is hilarious either way, but is this dude legit or are they messing around with fake weights? If he's legit, he's STRONG.

Most of the weights look like crumb bumpers, which are a lot thicker than regular bumpers, competition bumpers, or iron plates. He’s still strong tho.

I agree I think there is staging behind the video. I am more questioning the authenticity of the weights.

He is legit strong for his size. He apparently deadlifts a bit over 600 and squats in the upper 400s at a pretty light bodyweight. You can see some of his best lifts if you look it up online. I do think a fair amount of the videos are set up, though. I do find most of his stuff funny.
Any idea what he walks around at

-S-

In many of his videos they also have the plates loaded really weird. Like what kind of deranged freak loads a bar with 10s on the inside and then a couple 45s, and then a 25 on the outside? Sorry but that kind of crap just pisses me off.
Raises hand...
You gotta optimize plates when working in with people working at different weights. You don't get to log taking plates on and off!

That seems surprisingly ... low. His best total is 1030lbs, with a 330 squat / 270 bench / 430 deadlift (in lbs).
Not necessarily, actually. It's more that the average gym-goer is much weaker than that, even the bigger guys. Plus very few of them have ever tried odd lifting like one arm snatches, and therefore can't judge the difficulty of them. They may see you do one arm snatches with a 50 kg barbell, do some math in their head and think you can put up 100 kg with two arms, easily. However, since the one arm snatch is easier (and frankly, balance is not the issue if you use a good set of weights), it's enough if you can power snatch 75 kg with two arms.
His numbers are similar to what I used to lift in training at the same competition weight, and I was able to do a lot of the stunts he shows with similar weights impromptu, some others I had to work up to. For the rest of the crowd, it was somewhere between crazy and magic. And he's very good at selling it ;)

In many of his videos they also have the plates loaded really weird. Like what kind of deranged freak loads a bar with 10s on the inside and then a couple 45s, and then a 25 on the outside? Sorry but that kind of crap just pisses me off.
Doesn't that make the bar whip more making the lift even easier?
But yeah, wtf are people doing loading the bar with 10s and 25s to over 300lbs...

Maybe it makes them feel stronger. If I want to feel stronger I'll just stop doing plate math as I increase the weight on the bar while going for a #rm.

Back
Top Bottom