all posts post new thread

Other/Mixed Is Rucking the GOAT exercise for GPP?

Other strength modalities (e.g., Clubs), mixed strength modalities (e.g., combined kettlebell and barbell), other goals (flexibility)
Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
I’ve schelped weight in the mountains for almost 5 decades (in the military too)
Variations of this diagram have always served me well.

Bear in mind I try to pack with the bare minimum possible. I go light for ruck training as well, because I need to mimic the actual load I will be carrying in the mountains (with only a bit more)

BC01E007-4423-42F2-B449-5DA4450884E5.png

Hello,

This is also the weight distribution I tend to use

Kind regards,

Pet'

I'm not trying to make an argument for this one, and I understand that rucking in the context of military service leads to injuries for a lot of soldiers -

I am talking about ruck training of 3+ times/week or near daily with loads of 20-50 pounds.

I have simply never found an exercise so beneficial for my endurance and strength. It has a "What the Hell" effect just like Swings, TGU, and Crawling (leopard, spiderman) have given me.

I'm currently at the point, where, if I could do only one exercise, it would be walking with a load. And many days I do just that.
Haven't read the whole thread, but in my mind carries are probably one of the best GPP exercise groups (carries including rucking and maybe even TGUs, but also other forms, working the body in different ways).

The Becoming Bulletproof Project sessions by Tim Anderson (Original Strength) are very much this: Strengthening the body through loading the gait pattern with crawls, carries and rucking - multiple 10 minute blocks strung together.

Haven't read the whole thread, but in my mind carries are probably one of the best GPP exercise groups (carries including rucking and maybe even TGUs, but also other forms, working the body in different ways).

The Becoming Bulletproof Project sessions by Tim Anderson (Original Strength) are very much this: Strengthening the body through loading the gait pattern with crawls, carries and rucking - multiple 10 minute blocks strung together.
This gets my vote. “Load over distance” is the fundamental application of human movement. Stalk prey, kill it with an implement (technology + explosive power + skill), carry it home. Carry the harvest in. Get today’s water for the family, etc.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom