all posts post new thread

Old Forum Joint Mobility Warm-up Routine

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

jpk

Level 1 Valued Member
Does anyone recommend a good joint mobility warm up routine?  I would like advice on a warm up program that is not very long and then maybe a more detailed version on non Strength training days.

Would you recommend buying the book or is there a free alternative such as you tube videos etc?

Check out "Maxwell's Daily Dozen", I've been doing a variation of it for the last 5+ years.  Mike Mahler has a mobility video out there as well that is pretty similar to Steve Maxwell's.  Both were good templates to get started and I customized my mobility routine along the way to hit certain tight spots.

I like flexible steel which is rehashed Super joints with some nice extra for aiming to do the splits.

James,

I have see Maxwell's Daily Dozen but the only sites I could find that have it show poor picture illustrations of the movements.  Do you know of a video out there that illustrates better?  Would like the link to Mahler's if you have it also.

Thanks!

Personally I like Scott Sonnons Intuflow. I have a few different mobility programs, but I feel like his is the most complete and well thought out.

As far as a quick warmup, I got some advice to do 50 reps of Cuban rotations with 2.5 to 5lb, my shoulders have never felt better. I added internal external rotations in various planes and various hinge movements. To be honest, I almost think I felt better just with the Cuban rotates for 50x no weight, 50x 2.5lbs, and 50x 5lbs.

I started doing something similar with my legs and they feel great.

MovNat's Vic Verdier has a very nice 10 part series on mobility drills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=JFKlymvaXIA

BTW, I think Scott put his joint mobility videos online for free, its progressive, you increase complexity as you go along.

It'd probably be worth checking out all the free mobility stuff people have mentioned before buying something. You could try different styles and find out what works best for you, and then if you wanted to pursue it more, you could buy books and DVDs.

BTW, I think Scott put his joint mobility videos online for free, its progressive, you increase complexity as you go along.

It'd probably be worth checking out all the free mobility stuff people have mentioned before buying something. The programs (in my opinion) fall into groups of what's similar and what has a similar ideology.  You could try different styles and find out what works best for you, and then if you wanted to pursue it more, you could buy books and DVDs.

I will mention, as I do periodically, that I have a web page listing all of Pavel's joint health and flexibility resources.  It's here:

http://www.kbnj.com/flexguide.htm

-S-

I love Sonnon's IntuFlow. Do it first thing on waking in morning as well. And yes, on youtube up through intermediate level.   I worked up  to there for awhile then just went ahead and got the whole deal.  More fun, more efficient, and deeper as you advance.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom