all posts post new thread

Old Forum joints making noise but no pain?

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

tigheguy

Level 5 Valued Member
I no as we age we dont recover as well as we use to but I cant help but wonder if some of the noises I hear in my joints are a bad thing.  My knees tend to crack when I come out of a squat but there is no pain. Also I can hear noises in my shoulders just little noises and I asked my doctor and he said its just because the shoulder socket is not perfectly smooth so it will make noise.

I was wondering what others peoples opinion is about issuses like these ?

My knees sound like machine gun fire for the first ten reps I hit whenever I squat.  But no pain.  I don't worry about it since I have great mobility and no pain.  If either of those change, then I'll look into it.  How is your mobility?

my mobility is fair, I work on it on a daily basis doing a lot of OS resets and foam rolling and some joint mobility. My thoracic area can be tight but I usually foam roll it and it cracks and its good to go

My right knee makes a clicking sound when I squat down or  bend it.  No pain. It's been like that since I was a kid.  My dad's knees is the same.

My physiotherapist once and he said it is normal/genetic.
I asked him if it is okay to squat and he just said don't do too much reps.
I recently found out that it is all about the angle.  I can squat well below parallel without the sound if I do it smoothly and keep my shins vertical. Can't do "a#@ to grass" though.

something I just read the other day on this subject

http://goldmedalbodies.com/joint-noises/

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom