all posts post new thread

Kettlebell Just bought a 40kg kettebell..

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

JW513

Level 5 Valued Member
First workout.... All the way across the 2nd floor of Dicks, down the escalator and across the first floor to the checkout.

I can do a few swings with it, but thats it. I can probably carry it 30 seconds each side... NO way can I press it, but next year.... I figure this will make my 32kg one feel lighter and my 24kg one too.

I only do basic moves with the kettebell, but next year is the year I want to start mastering them. Its funny, I almost feel like my form is better with heavier bells, maybe because there is less room for error. I can press the 32kg one for one rep, hopefully in a few months I will be repping this baby.

I optimistically bought a 40 kg bell. It’s useful for 2 handed swings when I’m feeling strong. It stares at me...taunts me...it’s half my body weight and there’s no way it going above me head anytime soon!

Good purchase!

I also started incorporating it lately to my S&S following advise from @Pavel Macek . Working with 32 daily but haven’t tested yet for the standard.

I was surprised that two hand swings are almost too light, I won’t be doing those. Started doing 1h but only 2x5 set’s once per week. Grip is key. Same with tgu. I had a good start with single set last week but felt hammered the day after. Today when not rested I had almost lost it on both sides. Heavy s*** but Using it daily seems to be doable in a year lol.

Good luck to all you 40kg users!

Last edited:
Bought my 40 after hitting Simple a couple years ago. Working with it was brutal to start out. These days, I do snatch work with it. I don't "own" it... but it don't own me either.

Throw in the challenge sets with it whenever you feel like you've got the energy, and enjoy the ride.

I'm thinking about getting a 40 kg down the road, is there any significant benefits over the 32 kg? Also why has the 40 kg been given the nickname Bulldog?

I'm thinking about getting a 40 kg down the road, is there any significant benefits over the 32 kg? Also why has the 40 kg been given the nickname Bulldog?
It is actually recommended in S&S 2.0 for building a strength reserve to make the timed Simple standard more feasible.

Not to be wise but the there is 8kgs worth of benefits. Don't know why its called a bull dog other than its heavy.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom