all posts post new thread

Old Forum Just Got my copy of S&S

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Realety

First Post
I have been a follower of Pavel for several years, (slowed down a bit as life happened, but back at it), and thought that ETK was the end-all be-all of essential kettlebell knowledge. I have to say that I very happily stand corrected. I admit I thought it would simply be ETK second edition, but it really is so much more, and lots of respect to Pavel and all involved for knowing that even though the basics are hundreds of years old, that there is always room for improvement in effectiveness and safety. And since I now have a career that requires the use of my body and the principles that are throughout Pavel's teaching, it couldn't have come at a better time for me. Basically, thank you, and please keep it up!!!!

I'm with you.  I thought ETK was the end all be all of KB training as far as the Hard-Style community was concerned.  I like how S&S has less volume yet seems to really do more for me than HIGH swing numbers followed up by slow jogging to get the breathing back in line. 

I know the workout is very simple but it's still very good.  It's hard being an American and sticking to just two exercises when so-called conventional "wisdom" says we should be confusing our muscles all the time and jumping on and off 20" boxes and then running 200 yards, then doing 25 "snatches" with 135 pounds. 

No thank you, give me something that can be done by Paul Bunyan, but can be scaled back for Pee Wee Herman as well. 

I LOVE the TGUs.

I absolutely agree that it is a very difficulty idea that something so simple can be so effective with all the hype that is played by other sources. I actually think it was the Iron Tamer himself who said in the past, "it may be simple, but that doesn't mean it's easy". If I remember correctly it was in regards to farmers walks, or walking while carrying a heavy weight in general. Very simply, but not easy.

Farmer walks...simple not easy...  I know I've seen that mentioned quite a bit in Dan John's writings as well.

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom