all posts post new thread

Old Forum Just my take on "Strong"

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)

Dominic Matteo

Level 1 Valued Member
A friend earlier today posted a quote from our own Dan John: ‎"The fact is this: Getting stronger gets you closer to almost every goal I know. I was going to have a clever little point here about the single exception I could think of here; but I couldn’t even think of one."

Someone in another organization commented "It doesn't seem to help with fat loss at all"

This got me thinking about getting strong and losing fat.  Well, technically, they are not related if you think of strength in a flat sense.  To me it is much deeper.  Like a few others in our community I lost over 100lbs of fat and transformed my life.  When I think about that experience, I realize I did it by GETTING STRONGER.  Yes, I said it, I lost weight by getting stronger.  So many people think of strong as only absolute strength but I would argue differently.  When I think of strong, I think of mental strength first.  You have to be mentally strong to hold fast to a diet or learn new nutritional habits.  You have to be mentally strong to not care what other people think about what you are doing. Even to build physical strength you must be mentally strong first to avoid the plague of rampant exercise ADD and adhere to a plan.

So I agree with Dan wholeheartedly... Getting stronger DOES get you closer to almost every goal one can think of.

StrongFirst!

Status
Closed Thread. (Continue Discussion of This Topic by Starting a New Thread.)
Back
Top Bottom