all posts post new thread

K1 Program from Hardstyle Method

I use the half snatch, first testing the 24 felt heavy, after the initial 8 weeks it felt too easy and re-tested the snatch for 20 reps with the 32 (SFG standard).

I also think the program is a park bench and I also feel (at 36) I used up my newbie gains long ago, but the rate or progression is astonishing.

I use the half snatch, first testing the 24 felt heavy, after the initial 8 weeks it felt too easy and re-tested the snatch for 20 reps with the 32 (SFG standard).

I also think the program is a park bench and I also feel (at 36) I used up my newbie gains long ago, but the rate or progression is astonishing.

Good to hear. Look forward to reporting on my results!

Does anybody have the old snatch/double kettlebell press plan from Hardstyle Method?
Is there another difference to the old plan than just single presses?

Can this be programmed with deadlifts and chin/pullups? I'm assuming so since Tim is big on the TSC

Does anybody have the old snatch/double kettlebell press plan from Hardstyle Method?
Nope, sorry

Can this be programmed with deadlifts and chin/pullups? I'm assuming so since Tim is big on the TSC
There are pull-ups in the program, once or twice per week. There is no deadlift, but (I was wondering this myself), emailed them and they said you can swap in Deadlifts, replace the 2 hand swings.

Last edited:
I just bought this program for future use. I like it a whole lot - definitely a park bench program that can be run indefinitely.

One question for @Tjerr : for the military press, did you do a clean before every press?

I just bought this program for future use. I like it a whole lot - definitely a park bench program that can be run indefinitely.

One question for @Tjerr : for the military press, did you do a clean before every press?
No.

But it says on the Military Press part of the 'manual' that if you're training for a press-test, you can do 5 sets of 3 loaded cleans.

Few talking about double kettlebell program.

I have been following the K1 program for over a year now. Had amazing progress. Never followed a program so efficiently before and It works great around family. I have a 3 year old boy and two twin boys aged 1. Life is hectic and I can still fit this program in. Hitting all the requirements. I rarely do the whole session at once. Often split it over a day or two when needed. For example, snatches one day and core, TGUs the next.

I have never done this program as a single kb press. I have done the press with doublea from the beginning. Have spoken to Mike Humphreys and he has said this is fine. So it opens it up to people who want to work on double press. I took my press from 6 with doyble 32s to 11 reps quite efficiently.

In relation to the snatch I perform the regular snatch for periods of time and then spend some time on the hardatyle method snatch (half snatch) when I find its needed.

Hands down best program Ive followed. Never been bored of it over the year. Tim has said in a podcast his methods need a year minimum.

My advice, be patient with the program, slow down and dont try and rush progress. I made this mistake with the snatch. Moved to the 36 too quickly and ended up going back after finding it put me back a little.

Cuirious to hear if anyone else has followed this for a while.

Few talking about double kettlebell program.

I have been following the K1 program for over a year now. Had amazing progress. Never followed a program so efficiently before and It works great around family. I have a 3 year old boy and two twin boys aged 1. Life is hectic and I can still fit this program in. Hitting all the requirements. I rarely do the whole session at once. Often split it over a day or two when needed. For example, snatches one day and core, TGUs the next.

I have never done this program as a single kb press. I have done the press with doublea from the beginning. Have spoken to Mike Humphreys and he has said this is fine. So it opens it up to people who want to work on double press. I took my press from 6 with doyble 32s to 11 reps quite efficiently.

In relation to the snatch I perform the regular snatch for periods of time and then spend some time on the hardatyle method snatch (half snatch) when I find its needed.

Hands down best program Ive followed. Never been bored of it over the year. Tim has said in a podcast his methods need a year minimum.

My advice, be patient with the program, slow down and dont try and rush progress. I made this mistake with the snatch. Moved to the 36 too quickly and ended up going back after finding it put me back a little.

Cuirious to hear if anyone else has followed this for a while.
Thank you for the report! Sounds like something I might like in the future.

I've retested the snatch after 8 weeks of the program to 20 reps with a 32. But, indeed, not quite sure of this is the bell for the program. Today is going to be the first High Volume day after the test (L-M-L-H) to see if I selected the bell correctly.

And I did the same Friday! Friday was a weird day, so I did 'modules' and not the complete session at once. Presses in the morning, accessory 1 in the afternoon, accessory 2 after the (3) kids were in bed. Sometimes I do the main lift at home, and a couple of hour later the accessories at work.

I've retested the snatch after 8 weeks of the program to 20 reps with a 32. But, indeed, not quite sure of this is the bell for the program. Today is going to be the first High Volume day after the test (L-M-L-H) to see if I selected the bell correctly.

And I did the same Friday! Friday was a weird day, so I did 'modules' and not the complete session at once. Presses in the morning, accessory 1 in the afternoon, accessory 2 after the (3) kids were in bed. Sometimes I do the main lift at home, and a couple of hour later the accessories at work.
Appreciate your feedback on the program. Did you use full or half snatch to determine your 20/25 RM bell?

No changes to the program. If you have access to the old one, its pretty much the same but its now been explicitly made for single MP. Earlier it was designed for double MP.

I

I actually prefer to spread my training out now. Started as a need and now Im just used to it I guess. Im lucky enough to be able to train at work also so thats probably why it works well for me.

Nope, sorry

There are pull-ups in the program, once or twice per week. There is no deadlift, but (I was wondering this myself), emailed them and they said you can swap in Deadlifts, replace the 2 hand swings.
Just curious, how do you program your deadlifts? I was thinking about swapping them in over 2HS also

@Tjerr and @chrisnewbery - Do you guys do the full Hardstyle Method Movement Prep before each workout? I love it, but it takes 15 mins. On snatcj days, after the Movement Prep and TGUs I’m like a half hour in by the time I get to the snatches (which then take another like 20-35 mins). I like Chris’ idea of splitting a session over a day or two, because the other “essential” moves are so good.

Same set and reps as the DFS and the Pull Ups /Rows. I did single leg deadlift, with my press weight. But the result was a massive cramp that night and a couple of days off because of the soreness afterwards. So I'll stick with the heavy two hand swings from now on. And it makes me feel good, to swing the 48 ROFL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom